Anor Londo: A Kingdom Bathed in SunlightEdit
Anor Londo is the area immediately following Sen's Fortress. It is unique in the game in that it is the first area (provided a reasonably straight focus on the main story is followed) that is completely cut off from the rest of Lordran. Travel between Anor Londo and the rest of Lordran is usually done through using the Lordvessel, allowing the player character to warp between several bonfires. However, if the player travels to where they first came to Anor Londo, they can "talk" to the Batwing Demon there, who will transport the player back to Sen's Fortress.
- Dark Sun Gwyndolin
- Darkmoon Knightess
- Giant Blacksmith
- Gwynevere, Princess of Sunlight
- Solaire of Astora
- Siegmeyer of Catarina
- Darkmoon Soldier (Greatsword) (Dark Anor Londo)
- Darkmoon Soldier (Sword) (Dark Anor Londo)
- Knight Lautrec of Carim (Invaded by the player)
- Black Iron Set (Corpse)
- Brass Set (Chest)
- Favor Set (Corpse)
- Havel's Set (Chests)
- Silver Knight Set (Chests)
- Blue Eye Orb (Dark Sun Gwyndolin - Gift upon joining Covenant)
- Gold Coin (Mimic - Drop)
- Silver Coin x5 (Mimic - Drop)
- Souvenir of Reprisal (Lautrec - Drop)
- Sunlight Medal x3 (Chest)
- Darkmoon Blade Covenant Ring (Dark Sun Gwyndolin - Gift upon joining Covenant)
- Hawk Ring (Chest)
- Leo Ring (Dragon Slayer Ornstein - Drop)
- Ring of Favor and Protection (Lautrec - Drop)
- Ring of the Sun's Firstborn (Corpse)
- Ring of the Sun Princess (Gwynevere, Princess of Sunlight - Gift upon joining Covenant)
- Tiny Being's Ring (Siegmeyer - Gift)
- Great Magic Weapon (Corpse)
- Fire Keeper Soul (Darkmoon Knightess - Drop)
- Soul of a Hero (Corpse)
- Soul of Gwyndolin (Dark Sun Gwyndolin - Drop)
- Soul of Ornstein (Dragon Slayer Ornstein - Drop)
- Soul of Smough (Executioner Smough - Drop)
- Black Iron Greatshield (Corpse)
- Crystal Halberd (Mimic - Drop)
- Darkmoon Talisman (Dark Sun Gwyndolin - Gift upon gaining Covenant rank)
- Dragon Tooth (Chest)
- Dragonslayer Greatbow & Dragonslayer Arrow x1 (Corpse)
- Greatsword (Corpse)
- Havel's Greatshield (Chest)
- Occult Club (Mimic - Drop)
There is a new blacksmith in the area, the Giant Blacksmith, the first that is able to create unique weapons from the Demon Souls you have been gathering up to this point. To forge a unique weapon you first need to have the right type of weapon (curved sword, shield, spear, etc.) leveled up to +10, the option will then be presented to use the Demon Soul to modify it into a new and far more powerful weapon.
If the player rescued Lautrec of Carim, and let him live after reaching Blighttown, they will find that the Fire Keeper, Anastacia of Astora, of the Firelink Shrine bonfire had been murdered. Searching her remains will add the dingy clothing set (notable for it's curse and poison resistance) and a Black Eye Orb to the player's inventory.
While in the great hall towards the end of the area, the Orb will begin to resonate. It can then be used as an item and the player will be transported as a Spirit of Vengeance to Lautrec's realm. He will be accompanied by a mage and a pikeman as bodyguards. Only Lautrec needs to be killed to retrieve the Anastacia's Soul, so focus on dispatching him. Ignore the bodyguards as best you can. Upon killing Lautrec, he drops Humanity, a Souvenir of Reprisal, the Soul of Anastacia of Astora, and the Ring of Favor and Protection.
Dark Anor LondoEdit
If the player decides to attack Gwynevere, she disappears (revealed to be an illusion). If the player has not defeated Gwyndolin beforehand, he reprimands the player. Anor Londo darkens, all Sentinels and Batwing Demons disappear, two non-respawning hostile Darkmoon Soldiers appear, and the Darkmoon Knightess becomes hostile and awaits the player near the rotating platform. Killing her results in the first bonfire being unusable, but as with any unusable bonfire, one may still warp to it.
When Anor Londo is darkened, if the player is killed whilst in the area they are returned to to the first Bonfire regardless of whether or not they have rested at it or not; a homeward bone will not return the player to any other of the four bonfires in the area. It is unconfirmed as a glitch or an intended function by the developers.
If the player desires to fight Dark Sun Gwyndolin with easy return to the boss area, it is preferable to either:
- Leave Gwynevere alive so as to not make Anor Londo dark, and then fight Gwyndolyn. This will allow you to respawn at the Darkmoon Tomb bonfire.
- After killing Gwynevere, to ignore the Lady of the Darkling (so as not to kill her in combat) to keep the first Bonfire alit so that you may easily warp back to the Darkmoon Tomb after death.
If the player has already darkened Anor Londo and killed the Darkmoon Knightess, the fastest method of return to the Darkmoon Tomb is to run to entrance way of the Duke's Archives (only accessible after placing the Lordvessel) and using the bonfire by the elevator to warp.
|Reach Anor Londo|
|Arrive in Anor Londo|
- Statues from the bosses Dragonslayer Ornstein and Executioner Smough, can be seen in the early parts of the map.
- The various paintings located in the rooms of Anor Londo are, in fact, concept arts of some enemies and NPCs of the game.
- When in Dark Anor Londo, the cinematics where the player is carried by the Batwing Demons are modified to show Dark Anor Londo instead of the original Anor Londo.