Anri can be encountered several times throughout the course of the game in the following locations:
- Near the Cathedral of the Deep bonfire if the player did not tell them Horace's location after defeating Aldrich.
- Can be summoned for the Deacons of the Deep boss fight.
- Appears after defeating the Deacons of the Deep. Can be found standing just to the left as one warps inside the shrine, along with Horace.
- Next to the room where two Skeleton Swordsmen are patrolling.
- On a cliff overlooking the wooden bridge that leads to High Lord Wolnir.
- Inside the Church of Yorshka, next to the bonfire.
- Can be summoned for the Pontiff Sulyvahn boss fight. Their summon sign is found on the terrace outside the boss room.
- The player can be summoned to Anri's world in order to fight Aldrich, Devourer of Gods if following their questline and if not having taken part on the Darkmoon ritual earlier in the area. Their summon sign is found outside the main entrance to the cathedral.
Anri is one of the two children that managed to escape from Aldrich long ago. Like the Ashen One, Anri is an Unkindled in search of the Lords of Cinder, seeking to slay Aldrich. Anri travels with Horace the Hushed and greatly admires his skill as a warrior.
Anri's Straight Sword
- Find Anri and Horace on the Road of Sacrifices near the Halfway Fortress bonfire. Be sure to exhaust Anri's dialogue, followed by Horace (who remains silent), and then a last dialogue engagement with Anri (who will tell the player Horace won't speak). After this, the player may find both their summon signs before Deacons of the Deep.
- After defeating the Deacons of the Deep, find Anri and Horace at Firelink Shrine. Exhaust their dialogue to learn they're seeking Aldrich and plan to go to Irithyll of the Boreal Valley as their next destination.
- Next the player can find Anri alone and distraught in the Catacombs of Carthus next to the room where two curved greatsword-wielding skeletons patrol near the long ramp with the Large boulder-of-bones. After speaking with Anri the player will learn that Horace is missing.
- Continue through the catacombs until reaching, and before crossing, the bridge to High Lord Wolnir. Take a path on the right leading up and around the stalagmites to reveal Anri on a cliff, still distraught. Exhaust Anri's dialogue to learn that Horace is still missing and is sought after.
- If the player tells Anri where Horace is after encountering (but not defeating) him in Smouldering Lake, Anri will go in search of him, but ends up killing him and going hollow as a result, ending their questline.
- If the player has already defeated Horace and tells Anri of his location, they will thank the player and move on to the next location, continuing the questline. Not telling Anri of Horace's location (whether through lying or having not discovered him) will also advance them to the next location.
- The player must continue through Irithyll of the Boreal Valley to come upon a saddened Anri near the Church of Yorshka bonfire. Exhaust Anri's dialogue to learn that Anri plans to push forward despite the loss of Horace, teaching the player the Quiet Resolve gesture and giving them the Ring of the Evil Eye.
- Note in the corner of the church to the left of the entrance are statues; one is the Old Woman of Londor hidden with the Chameleon sorcery. If the player leaves the pilgrim alive, Anri will be assassinated and the questline will end.
- If the player kills the camouflaged pilgrim, Anri's personal questline will continue but Yuria's questline, along with the Usurpation of Fire ending, will end.
- If the Old Woman was killed, then the player will find a cooperation request sign left by Anri to the left of the large double-doors in Anor Londo leading to Aldrich, next to a dropped Prism Stone. Activate Anri's summon sign and aid in defeating Aldrich (only in Anri's world), this can be done before or after defeating Aldrich in the player's own world. Upon defeating Aldrich, the player can travel to Firelink Shrine and speak with Ludleth of Courland to receive Anri's sword.
- If Anri was sent to the Smouldering Lake to find Horace dead, Anri will now return to his grave, hollowed and wielding a broken sword. If not, Anri will go to the Road of Sacrifices near the Cleansing Chapel. In both cases, Anri will be hostile to the player when encountered. Killing Anri at this point will allow you to buy the Elite Knight Set from the Shrine Handmaid.
|Click to see dialogue|
- Anri's gender is dependent of the player's character and is always the opposite to the Ashen One's.
- This is with the objective of giving sense to a specific event of Yuria's questline, where the player "marries" Anri.
- The Reversal Ring does not affect this.
- When killed, the Elite Knight Set will become available for purchase with the Shrine Handmaid.
- During the questline, if the player fails to save Anri from either Horace or the assassin at the church, a dead pilgrim will be found just outside Lord Gwyn's honorary tomb in Anor Londo and only Anri's lifeless body will be waiting inside. If this occurs, the questline is broken and can only be reattempted on another playthrough.
- If the player comes back to Gwyn's tomb after refreshing the area by resting at a bonfire, they will find the Old Woman dead and can pillage the Chameleon sorcery from the body. The player can also loot Anri's Straight Sword from the altar. Upon refreshing the area again, Anri's body will be gone.
- During the "Usurpation of Fire" ending, Anri can be seen on the right, among the rest of the hollows. If the player previously purchased the Elite Knight Set from the Shrine Handmaid, Anri will appear naked, as they have nothing to wear; otherwise, Anri will be wearing the set.
- Anri often farewells the Ashen One with the words: "May the flames guide your way.".
- Anri wears the Elite Knight armor set from Dark Souls, whose owner was also from Astora.
- In that game and found through cut content, that knight was supposed to have their own quest to take place simultaneously with the player's and would occasionally meet to help each other in their respective quests.