Anri of Astora is a character in Dark Souls III. Male Anri is voiced by Adam Sopp, who also voiced Rickert of Vinheim and Vince of Thorolund in Dark Souls. Female Anri is voiced by Lucy Briggs, who also voiced several characters in Bloodborne.
Anri can be encountered several times throughout the course of the game in the following locations:
- Road of Sacrifices
- Firelink Shrine
- After defeating the Deacons of the Deep.
- Catacombs of Carthus
- Irithyll of the Boreal Valley
- Cathedral of the Deep
Anri is one of the two children that managed to escape from Aldrich long ago, hinted by Horace's armor set. Like the Ashen One, Anri is an Unkindled in search of the Lords of Cinder, seeking to slay Aldrich. Anri travels with Horace and greatly admires his skill as a warrior. Anri can be summoned for the Deacons of the Deep and Pontiff Sulyvahn boss fights. The player can touch the summon sign just in front of the giant double golden doors in Anor Londo to be summoned into his/her world to assist them in defeating Aldrich, Devourer of Gods.
Anri's Straight Sword
- Find Anri and Horace on the Road of Sacrifices near the Halfway Fortress bonfire. Be sure to exhaust Anri's dialogue, followed by Horace (who remains silent), and then a last dialogue engagement with Anri (who will tell the player Horace won't speak). After this, the player may find both their summon signs before Deacons of the Deep.
- After defeating the Deacons of the Deep, find Anri and Horace at Firelink Shrine. Exhaust their dialogue to learn they're seeking Aldrich and plan to go to Irithyll of the Boreal Valley as their next destination.
- Next the player can find Anri alone and distraught in the Catacombs of Carthus next to the room where two curved greatsword-wielding skeletons patrol near the long ramp with the Large boulder-of-bones. After speaking with Anri the player will learn that Horace is missing.
- Continue through the catacombs until reaching, and before crossing, the bridge to High Lord Wolnir. Take a path on the right leading up and around the stalagmites to reveal Anri on a cliff, still distraught. Exhaust Anri's dialogue to learn that Horace is still missing and is sought after.
- If the player tells Anri where Horace is after encountering (but not defeating) him in Smouldering Lake, Anri will go in search of him, but ends up killing him and going hollow as a result, ending her/his questline.
- If the player has already defeated Horace and tells Anri of his location, she/he will thank the player and move on to the next location, continuing the questline. Not telling Anri of Horace's location (whether through lying or having not discovered him) will also advance her/him to the next location.
- The player must continue through Irithyll of the Boreal Valley to come upon a saddened Anri near the Church of Yorshka bonfire. Exhaust Anri's dialogue to learn that Anri plans to push forward despite the loss of Horace, teaching the player the Quiet Resolve gesture and giving them the Ring of the Evil Eye.
- Note in the corner of the church to the left of the entrance are statues; one is a Londor pilgrim hidden with the Chameleon sorcery. If the player leaves the pilgrim alive, Anri will be assassinated and the quest line will end.
- If the player kills the camouflaged pilgrim, Anri's personal quest line will continue but Yuria's quest line, along with the Usurpation of Fire ending, will end.
- If the pilgrim was killed, then the player will find a cooperation request sign left by Anri to the left of the large double-doors in Anor Londo leading to Aldrich, next to a dropped Prism Stone. Activate Anri's summon sign and aid in defeating Aldrich (only in Anri's world), this can be done before or after defeating Aldrich in the player's own world. Upon defeating Aldrich, the player can travel to Firelink Shrine and speak with Ludleth of Courland to receive Anri's sword.
- If Anri was sent to the Smouldering Lake to find Horace dead, Anri will now return to his grave, hollowed and wielding a broken sword. If not, Anri will go to the Road of Sacrifices near the Cleansing Chapel. In both cases, Anri will be hostile to the player when encountered. Killing Anri at this point will allow you to buy the Elite Knight Set from the Shrine Handmaid.
|Click to see Dialogue (Contains Spoilers)|