Ash Lake is an optional area accessed by successfully reaching the bottom of The Great Hollow, through a tunnel past the Mushroom enemies. It is a wide, open space with seemingly endless views of Archtrees amidst deep, dark blue waters and below a sky of dense clouds. A large stretch of sand connects two Archtrees, and the shores abruptly end, leading to a watery grave.
Two bonfires are at either end of the area. One can be found shortly after arriving from The Great Hollow, and another is directly in front of the Stone Dragon, which is the only one in the area that can be warped to with the Lordvessel.
- Great Magic Barrier (Corpse)
- Dragon Eye (Stone Dragon - Gift upon joining covenant)
- Dragon Headstone (Stone Dragon - Gift upon joining covenant)
- Dragon Torso Stone (Stone Dragon - Gift upon reaching level 2 of covenant)
- Dragon Scale x3 (Corpses)
- Dragon Scale x2 (Hydra - Drop)
- Titanite Slab (Sieglinde of Catarina - Gift for Siegmeyer's questline)
- If one continues through Ash Lake without defeating the Hydra, it will attempt to follow the player. Once the player passes the area where the Giant Clams are, the Hydra will jump out of the water and fly across the beach to the other side to continue to pursue the player. It will then follow all the way to the Archtree near the end of the area. This makes confrontation with the Hydra almost completely unavoidable.
The Archtrees of Ash Lake can be seen from the Tomb of the Giants.