Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
In a tower structure at the end of the walkway to the right from where the fog door to the Iron Golem is located. Like other summon signs, Tarkus' summon sign is only visible if the player has not put down a summon sign and is in human form.
Tarkus aids the player in taking on the Iron Golem as a white phantom. He is notoriously tough and can serve as a distraction during the battle. In fact, Tarkus can defeat the boss all by himself in the first playthrough and stands a break-even chance of doing so on future playthroughs with minimal support from the player.
His Greatsword, Black Iron Greatshield and Black Iron Set are found on his corpse in Anor Londo, next to the entrance to the Painted World of Ariamis. A Painting Guardian stands next to his corpse, possibly removing it from the room since the body is so far away from the entrance.
Black Iron Tarkus is most likely a knight of Berenike, and is renowned even among his fellow knights for his great strength. This makes him one of the longest surviving knights to attempt at curing undeath and fulfilling the prophecy. He defeated the Iron Golem and, as the only sole prevailer, carved his summon sign so others who eventually came as far as him would be assisted by his phantom.
Health and SoulsEdit
|Physical Defenses||Elemental Defenses||Resistances|
These stats are sourced from FuturePress's Official Dark Souls Strategy Guide.
Black Iron Helm +5
Black Iron Armor +5
Black Iron Gauntlets +5
Black Iron Leggings +5
- Many players favor Black Iron Tarkus due to his immense strength, his reliability in PvP and his ability to fight the Iron Golem with minimal support.
- Black Iron Tarkus seems to be loosely based on another character, who is also named Tarkus, from the 1987 manga Jojo's Bizarre Adventure (from Part I: Phantom Blood). Not only do they share the same name but they also share other similar traits, such as an inhuman strength and the fact that both characters wield greatswords in battle.
- Tarkus is also the Estonian word for "wisdom".
- Even though it says that Tarkus's armor was unwieldy to all but Tarkus himself, when summoned for the fight against the Iron Golem, he "fat rolls" due to not having enough endurance.
- Tarkus was seen sitting in Firelink Shrine in the debut trailer as a non-playable character, but in the game he is simply a white phantom.