The Blue Sentinels is a covenant in Dark Souls II, devoted to protecting members of the Way of Blue covenant and invading worlds of those who have sinned. The covenant operates much like the Blade of the Darkmoon covenant from Dark Souls.
How to joinEdit
Talk to Blue Sentinel Targray. He is located in the Cathedral of Blue, directly after the Old Dragonslayer boss fight. The player must have successfully assisted another player in killing a boss by using the White Sign Soapstone and receiving a Token of Fidelity or find the one in Huntsman's Copse along with a Pharros' Lockstone on a broken pillar, otherwise Blue Sentinel Targray will simply dismiss the player. Additionally; using a Bonfire Ascetic in Heide will allow red phantom Blue Sentinels to spawn that drop three Tokens of Fidelity.
- A Blue Sentinel invading a guilty player with the Cracked Blue Eye Orb seems to favor invading players generally below the player's Soul Memory.
- The Blue Sentinel can also use the Guardian's Seal to assist players against invaders, as long as the invader isn't also an Arbiter Spirit.
- After joining the covenant, Targray can teach the player the Duel Bow gesture, he also sells a few common weapons like the Halberd, healing items like the Monastery Charm, and the Holy Water Urns.
- He also sells the miracles Heavenly Thunder and Emit Force.
- The player receives the Guardian's Seal, which will allow them to be summoned as an Arbiter Spirit by Way of Blue covenant members in order to help them defeat the invader that triggered the summon. A Token of Fidelity will be rewarded after the invader has been killed.
- Members of the covenant also have the ability to use Cracked Blue Eye Orbs to invade the worlds of the guilty.
- With a Token of Fidelity, players can interact with the statues near the Blue Cathedral bonfire to enter a PvP arena to fight other members of the Blue Sentinels.
Slight Blue Aura while in blue phantom form
Strong Blue Aura while in blue phantom form
- Talking to Blue Sentinel Targray, after achieving rank 3 in the covenant, will cause him to give the player his armor set.
- As Rank increases, the blue aura that surrounds the player when invading will become more prominent.
- Killing Targray will automatically kick you out of the covenant, but temporarily resurrecting him through his gravestone will let you re-join the covenant.
- While ordinary invaders receive souls by killing the host, the only way for Arbiter Spirits to gain souls, is by killing phantoms and dark spirits summoned by, or invading the host.
- Winning the sparring arena counts towards ranking.
| Bell Keepers • Blue Sentinels • Brotherhood of Blood • Company of Champions |
Dragon Remnants • Heirs of the Sun • Pilgrims of Dark • Rat King • Way of Blue