Interacting with a bonfire will allow the player to sit at its edge, which refills the player's HP and both the Estus Flask and Ashen Estus Flask uses as well as cancelling any negative status effects occurred in the world - such as poison and bleed build up. Utilizing a bonfire will also reset enemies in the area and cannot be used while being actively pursued by one. The player can also teleport between any bonfire they have lit. When a player dies, they will be revived at the last bonfire they rested at or most recently lit, making bonfires act as checkpoints in the world.
Note: Resting at a bonfire does not reset a player's "Hollowing".
- Cemetery of Ash
- Once the player emerges from the enclosed area of the cemetery, turning left as they reach the cliffside and coming to the top of a small incline.
- Iudex Gundyr
- Untended Graves
- Champion Gundyr
- High Wall of Lothric
- Tower on the Wall
- Heading left from the previous bonfire eventually leads to a dragon encounter, entering the tower beyond the dragon, and taking the stairs on the right hand side to the top of the tower will lead to this bonfire.
- Vordt of the Boreal Valley
- Dancer of the Boreal Valley
- Once the player returns to the cathedral where they first met Emma, after having defeated the Lords of Cinder, she will die gifting the player the Basin of Vows. When approaching the statue behind her to place the Basin, the Dancer of the Boreal Valley will interrupt. The bonfire will appear upon her defeat.
- Oceiros, the Consumed King
- After defeating the Dancer of the Boreal Valley and placing the Basin of Vows the player can ascend the ladder to Lothric Castle. Heading left from here and descending a lift leads to the Consumed King's Garden. Fighting through this area ultimately leads to the boss room for Oceiros, the Consumed King, the bonfire will appear after defeating him.
- Foot of the High Wall
- Undead Settlement
- Immediately past the gate that is opened to let out the skeletal hounds is a rickety house on the cliffside, the bonfire is inside the house.
- Cliff Underside
- Where the player encounters a bridge followed by an area filled with explosive barrels, dropping down on the far side of the bridge and heading right on the path below leads to a building, the bonfire is inside.
- Dilapidated Bridge
- Found where the sewers and village paths converge, before reaching the cemetery.
- Pit of Hollows
- After defeating the Curse-rotted Greatwood the bonfire will appear in the area the player and the boss fell into during the fight.
- Road of Sacrifices
- Halfway Fortress
- Farron Keep
- Water Reserve
- Kiln of the First Flame
- Resting at a bonfire for the first time will grant the "Rest" gesture.