Due to their similar mechanics, the Brotherhood of Blood is considered the spiritual successor to the Darkwraith covenant from the previous game. Both covenants are heavily focused in the PvP component of the game, encouraging invasions and rewarding those players who manage to kill the host. The main difference between both covenants is that while the members of the Darkwraith covenant are focused on harvesting Humanity, the Brotherhood of Blood members are tasked with accumulating blood from their victims.
The Brotherhood of Blood is a mysterious cult whose members are devoted to the war god Nahr Alma, the god of blood. The members of this bloodthirsty covenant are tasked with collecting blood in order to offer it as a sacrifice to Nahr Alma. According to Titchy Gren, the members of the Brotherhood of Blood have a feud with the Blue Sentinels, mainly due to the opposite objectives of both covenants.
How to joinEdit
In order to join this covenant, one must talk to Titchy Gren in the Undead Purgatory with a Token of Spite in their inventory. He's located in the corridor right after the Executioner's Chariot arena.
- Upon joining the covenant, Titchy Gren will give the player the Crest of Blood, be available as a merchant, and will sell various wares to the player including spells, ammunition, armor, and in NG+, Cracked Red Eye Orbs.
- When dueling another player via the statues at the Undead Purgatory, the victor receives a Cracked Red Eye Orb.
- If the members of this covenant have won a certain number of arena duels and rank up, they will show a distinctive glowing red aura surrounding them while in red phantom form.
Upon reaching certain arena victory milestones, the player will receive the following rewards:
|+0||-||Crest of Blood|
Slight Red Aura while in red phantom form
|+2||150 or vanquishing an assisting Blue Sentinel||Crescent Sickle
Strong Red Aura while in red phantom form
|+3||500||Great Chaos Fireball|
Nahr Alma Set
Scythe of Nahr Alma
- Invasions and duels in the Undead Purgatory are separated from one another, meaning that the player's rank will not level up from both invasions and duels. For instance, if a player with base rank has 25 dueling wins and 25 invasion kills, their rank will still remain at zero. Invasions with cracked red eye orbs do NOT count towards your total.
- Losses in dueling or invasions will subtract one kill from the player's overall kill count for the respective area.
- If a player has 50 dueling wins and an equal amount of losses, their kill count will be zero.
- If a player has 50 dueling wins followed by 100 dueling losses, their kill count will be zero, not -50. It is not possible to achieve a negative overall kill count in the dueling arena.
- Duels from a Red Sign Soapstone do not count towards your rank.
- Killing Gren will automatically kick you out of the covenant.
- The Brotherhood of Blood was one of the three available covenants in the network test.
| Bell Keepers • Blue Sentinels • Brotherhood of Blood • Company of Champions |
Dragon Remnants • Heirs of the Sun • Pilgrims of Dark • Rat King • Way of Blue