|Location|| Lower Undead Burg|
|Drops|| Key to Depths (Undead Burg only)|
Demon Great Machete
They are large humanoids with four red-glowing eyes and a bovine skull for a head. Capra Demons each possess a bone tail, and have exposed shoulder blades and spines. They also wear a ragged skirt made of straw and dual wield Demon Great Machetes.
The boss version of the Capra Demon battles the player in a small, confined room which makes it harder to recuperate health and stamina. It is best for the player to eliminate the two Attack Dogs as quickly as possible as they may stun-lock low poise players and can also trap players in a corner. Climbing the staircase will enable the player to attack the boss with ranged weapons and give them an opportunity to recover, however the boss can still reach the player. The Capra Demon is weak to fire so Charcoal Pine Resin and Firebombs can be effective.
Wearing armor with high physical protection and poise will prove very useful against Capra Demon as all of its damage is physical. Weapons with high damage that aren't slow are also useful, as the fight revolves around mobility. If the weapon also has high poise damage, this will help in stunning the Capra Demon out of attacks. High stability shields will be helpful in blocking a majority of its attacks.
The Lesser Capra Demons fought in the Demon Ruins are much more simple to handle as the player has more room to maneuver. Players may lure them over with ranged weapons as fighting two at once may be challenging.
- It's possible to skip the fight against the Capra Demon by going through New Londo Ruins, then Valley of the Drakes and taking the shortcut to Blighttown. The use of either the Master Key, or Key to the Seal obtained by killing Ingward is required.
- The other way, which does not require a key, is by using the elevator connecting Darkroot Basin and Valley of the Drakes and then heading to Blighttown. There is a Black Knight, two Wyverns, and an Undead Dragon along the way.
- This boss is required to be killed in order for Reah of Thorolund and her companions to appear in Firelink Shrine after ringing the first Bell of Awakening. The Thorolund questline is only optional if you wish not to fight the Capra Demon
The Capra Demon swings with either of its swords. It can be avoided by rolling.
Very similar to the Single Swing, however, the Capra Demon swings with one sword after the other in a two-hit combo. Deals heavy damage, or heavy stamina drain if the player is hit while blocking.
Used when the player is far away from the Demon. It jumps towards the target, then smashes it's two swords into the ground upon landing. This attack can be blocked with a strong shield or it can be dodged by rolling away.
Left Sword SmashEdit
A quick strike from its left side causes heavy stamina drain when blocked, but can be dodged by rolling towards the Demon.
It holds its two blades together and pulls them back to slash into the ground. This attacks does heavy stamina damage when blocked, and is easily dodged.
The Capra Demon's strongest attack. It raises its swords above its head, then brings them down in a vertical smash. It cannot be blocked, and deals heavy damage to the player. However, it has an obvious animation and a long wind-up time, so it is easy to dodge.
|Physical Defenses||Elemental Defenses||Resistances|
These stats are sourced from FuturePress's Official Dark Souls Strategy Guide.
Key to Depths
Demon Great Machete
|Drop Rate|| Guaranteed |
| Guaranteed |
| Guaranteed |
- The Capra Demon has the same soundtrack as the Centipede Demon.
- In biology, "Capra" is a genus of goats and goat-like mammals.