|Param. Bonus||Req. Param.|
|Notes||Has a unique moveset. Drains health.|
The Chaos Blade drains 20 HP from the player with each successful hit, making it one of the only weapons that can kill its wielder. It does, however, deal very high damage per second, and scales well with Dexterity. Its moveset is very similar to the Uchigatana moveset from Demon's Souls, and may appeal to Demon's Souls veterans.
As with other Chaos weapons, the Chaos Blade scales with Humanity. It also scales well with Dexterity, although not as well as a fully upgraded Uchigatana or Iaito. However the humanity scaling usually more than makes up for this.
The Chaos Blade has the potential for the highest physical damage of the Katanas, with easily the highest Physical damage per second with 10 humanity and 40 dexterity at around 450 damage per hit. Although it does not deal other types of damage and may do less nominal combined damage than, e.g., a Lightning Uchigatana, this is offset by the fact that the Chaos Blade does not have to bypass multiple defensive stats per hit. In practice, the Chaos Blade is the best eastern sword option for players who don't mind the feedback damage and do not have access to weapon enchantments.
Like the other katanas, the Chaos Blade causes Bleed. The Chaos Blade causes more Bleed build up than other katanas (36 compared to the default 33 of other katanas).
- The Chaos Blade does not damage its wielder if it does not hit anything. It also does not deal backlash damage with Backstabs and Ripostes. However, it still deals damage to a player if the player swings at an enemy during their dying animation. This is especially noticeable on large enemies with slow dying animations, such as the Taurus Demon.
- The amount of damage the Chaos Blade deals to the user does not change according to any stats (resistances, soul level, how much damage is actually dealt).
Against weaker enemies, using the Ring of the Evil Eye can help negate the damage caused by the Chaos Blade. Wearing Sanctus and/or using the Replenishment miracle will also help offset the feedback damage caused by the Chaos Blade.
|Brisk, vertical slashes. Good for bleed buildup.|
|Player brings the blade back over their offhand shoulder, and swings it forward forcefully. High starting lag. The move is so slow that attempting to use this on recovering enemies might give them time to actually get back up and retaliate, so use with caution.|
|Brisk, vertical slashes.|
|Player holds blade above his/her head, holds the end of the blade back with their left hand, and lets go, causing the blade to spring forward vertically. With very high starting lag (possibly the most starting lag of any attack in the game) and misleadingly long ending lag, this is one of the slowest attacks in the game with little chance of hitting the opponent. If it does manage to connect, this attack will knock opponents off their feet. This move also uses up a very large amount of stamina.|
|Jump Attack||Player jumps and buries the Chaos Blade into the ground. Tiny hitbox, but good damage.|
|Running Attack||Running lunge. Good reach, but small hitbox.|
|Rolling Attack||Rapidly swings horizontally. Low starting and ending lag.|
|Horizontal Slash, similar starting and ending lag of the right-handed weak attack.|
UpgradesEditRequires: Demon Titanite and 5,000 Souls per upgrade.
|Variation||Attack Values||Parameter Bonus||Damage Reduction|
|Chaos Blade +1 (Demon Titanite ×1)||158||–||–||–||–||B||–||–||45||10||30||30|
|Chaos Blade +2 (Demon Titanite ×1)||172||–||–||–||–||B||–||–||45||10||30||30|
|Chaos Blade +3 (Demon Titanite ×2)||187||–||–||–||–||B||–||–||45||10||30||30|
|Chaos Blade +4 (Demon Titanite ×2)||201||–||–||–||–||B||–||–||45||10||30||30|
|Chaos Blade +5 (Demon Titanite ×4)||216||–||–||–||–||B||–||–||45||10||30||30|
- The Chaos Blade is similar to the Hiltless (a.k.a. Gripless) from Demon's Souls, which also drained users' HP upon damaging its foe and had an uchigatana-like moveset.
- The unique two-handed strong attack for the Chaos Blade is identical to the two-handed strong attack for the Uchigatana from Demons' Souls, and the Whip.
- The Chaos Blade was going to be part of a side storyline involving Shiva of the East. This however was not present in the final game.
- The Chaos Blade has the prefix "Chaos", but it doesn't deal fire damage like the weapon upgrade "Chaos". However, like other Chaos weapons, it does scale with Humanity.
|Chaos Blade • Iaito • Uchigatana • Washing Pole|