Along with the transitional update in Scholar of the First Sin, the defensive statistics (namely the physical, magic, lightning, and dark damage reductions) of the shield were also buffed, while the stability was significantly reduced from 45 to 30.
As of currently, the Chaos Shield stands on a very odd place within the category of standard shields.
It has great Magic and Lightning Resistances, excellent Dark Resistance, and yet though it has an innate infusion in Fire its Fire Reduction is lower than expected. What makes it even stranger is how infusing this shield with certain elements changes it in bizarre instances, the most prominent though are explained in the "Notes" category of this page.
It is one of the few shields that when infused with Dark will grant immunity to Dark damage.
- Infusing this shield with Bleed or Poison gives it an "S" scaling in Fire.
- Infusing this shield with Fire is almost useless, the infusion will increase Fire Resistance by a tiny amount and will bring down all resistances minimally, both physical and Fire damage will increase, but again, by a small amount, barely noticeable changes.
- Infusing with either Lightning or Magic will make the shield block by an amount of almost 95%, an amazing amount of defence right from the beginning of the game.
- Infusing it with Dark however, will make grant immunity to dark damage.
- The Chaos Shield upgrades with Twinkling Titanite up to +5.