|Chaos Witch Quelaag|
|Drops|| Soul of Quelaag|
Chaos Witch Quelaag is a boss in Dark Souls. She is a daughter of the Witch of Izalith, and along with most of her family failed to escape and was corrupted by the chaotic flame. Quelaag and her sister became spider-like creatures with their original torsos extending from the monsters' backs.
A relatively easy way to beat this boss is to be human and summon Maneater Mildred, whose summon sign is right outside the Fog Door. Let Mildred distract Quelaag and stay away from her lava attack, as this is certain death. When away from her, pick off her health with ranged attacks, while Mildred tanks. This way Quelaag should be dead within a short period of time.
- Hitting her human body will stun her instantly.
- It is possible to summon Maneater Mildred for this battle provided she was defeated in Blightown. Mildred has a large amount of health and can help distract the boss whilst the player attacks from a distance or heals.
- During the battle with Quelaag, she can be seen using Quelaag's Furysword.
Quelaag will charge up briefly and swing her sword from bottom-left to top-right (from her perspective). Roll to the left (player's perspective) to dodge this attack easily.
Quelaag will charge up for a longer time and stab with the sword, holding it out for a short duration. This attack homes in much more reliably than the slash and deals multiple hits.
Quelaag can create lava pools in three ways:
- She may briefly fire globules that form small lava pools;
- She may stop to generate large amounts of lava in front of her over an extended duration, during which she is completely vulnerable to attacks;
- From a range, she may leap abruptly towards the player, firing lava
Quelaag will lift four of her legs and slam them back down. This attack can be performed from the left or right side, or directly in front of her. It has a very long startup and is easily dodged.
Quelaag hugs her spider body and, after a roar, performs a deadly explosion. Quelaag will use this attack if the player gets very close to her body, such as beneath her legs.
Quelaag will emit fire from her posterior.
|Physical Defenses||Elemental Defenses||Resistances|
These stats are sourced from FuturePress's Official Dark Souls Strategy Guide.
Soul of Quelaag
Quelaag had dialogue removed from the final game:
- Go back. Forbidden be, these parts. The realm of the creatures of chaos. They accept their banished fate. Go back. Lest the flames devour all, and the children of chaos feed upon your charred ashes. Those who defy the pact... Those who trespass Quelaag's domain... May you feel the depth of our wrath! Ahh, a precious new sacrifice! Forbidden be, these parts. The realm of the creatures of chaos. Go on, go on ahead... Welcome, bringer of meat. The children of chaos are hungry; give yourself to Quelaag's flame!
- This indicates that Quelaag had a matriarchal status within the Chaos Servant Covenant, along with or instead of her sister.
- ↑ Damage is listed per hit.