Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Crestfallen Warrior is a character in Dark Souls. Having lost his courage to face the enemies, he sits in the Firelink Shrine, brooding and awaiting his Hollowing. He is voiced by Matt Morgan, who also voiced Domhnall of Zena, the Crestfallen Warrior from Demon's Souls, and Saulden, the Crestfallen Warrior from Dark Souls II.
- Firelink Shrine - Beside the bonfire.
- New Londo Ruins - As a Hollow after speaking to him in Firelink when Kingseeker Frampt appears.
The Crestfallen Warrior is the second NPC encountered after Oscar. Although he has no tangible goods or services to offer the player, he does have interesting dialogue that fleshes out the backstory for Dark Souls, as well as hints on equipment, where to go next and other characters.
Speaking to The Crestfallen Warrior after Kingseeker Frampt arrives will prompt him to leave Firelink Shrine, complaining of the "stench" (presumably given off by Frampt). He is then found Hollowed in the beginning of the New Londo Ruins.
Players should avoid attacking the Crestfallen Warrior in the early game; he is very tough for a new player to kill and can offer helpful hints and tips. The Crestfallen Warrior is nimble with his Longsword and Heater Shield, but with some dodging and blocking he usually poses little threat by the time the player encounters him as a Hollow. The one trick up his sleeve is his ability to parry unexpectedly; the Crestfallen Warrior is one of the only NPCs that does not have a unique parry "stance", so players can do little to nothing to predict when he is going to Parry and Riposte.
Health and soulsEdit
|Physical Defenses||Elemental Defenses||Resistances|
These stats are sourced from FuturePress's Official Dark Souls Strategy Guide.
|Click to see Dialogue (Contains Spoilers)|
- Does not drop any items upon death.
- The Crestfallen Warrior is a reference to another character with the same name encountered in Dark Souls' spiritual predecessor, Demon's Souls. Both look similar and have similar personalities, and both leave the story before its end.
- The Crestfallen Warrior is one of only three NPCs (along with Rhea's bodyguards) that offer no goods or services whatsoever to the player.
- It's possible to keep him alive simply by not talking to him after the arrival of Frampt. Oddly, some of his unique lines (such as speaking to him after rescuing Big Hat Logan from Sen's Fortress) can only be heard by speaking to him after Frampt has already arrived.
- His voice actor, Matt Morgan, also voiced the Crestfallen Warrior in Demon's Souls.
- His name is misspelled in the credits as "Crestfallen Warrrior".