|Drops|| Twinkling Titanite|
- Undead Burg - Hiding in a barrel in the tower before the Taurus Demon.
- Darkroot Basin - On the path heading down towards the Crystal Golems.
- The Great Hollow x10 - Scattered throughout. Many can only be reached by dropping down onto isolated platforms from above.
- The Catacombs - x2 in the hidden tunnel reached by falling through the floor after the first switch bridge.
- Tomb of the Giants - On the path leading towards Nito.
- Lost Izalith - In the shortcut from the Demon Ruins.
- The Duke's Archives - In the stairwell leading to Seath's first encounter.
- Crystal Cave - x3 In a small alcove before reaching Seath.
- Royal Wood - Across the bridge where Kalameet is first sighted.
- Royal Wood - Drop off the top of the waterfall onto a ledge before the encounter with Kalameet.
- Royal Wood - Amongst some trees near the elevator that initially leads to Artorias the Abysswalker.
- Oolacile Township - On a blue pyramid roof about halfway down.
- Chasm of the Abyss - Close to the entrance.
Crystal Lizards are unique in Dark Souls in that they do not attack. Instead, they run away once the player approaches them and will soon disappear unless they are attacked. Once killed they will not respawn. They are a primary source of Twinkling Titanite until later in the game.
Crystal lizards spawn in a counter system similar to that of Demon's Souls. If players kill a crystal lizard, the counter goes down by one. Moving to the next NG increases the counter by one; any missed lizards in one playthrough can thus be killed several times in the next playthrough. Crystal lizards only spawn once per playthrough.
- They emit a "sparkling sound" which will indicate that they are close by.
- Attacking them will temporarily cancel their vanishing animation.
- Equipping the Slumbering Dragoncrest Ring and the Ring of Fog can allow the player to get closer before they begin to run away. This is particularly useful in areas where they will disappear before they can be discovered. Similarly, the Sorcery spells Hush and Hidden Body can be used.
- Using a powerful ranged attack, such as a Sorcery or the Black Bow of Pharis, can be useful in certain areas where approaching them may be too difficult.
- Reloading the game where they spawn can cause them to appear right next to the player.
|Abilities||Attempts to disappear upon detecting the player.|
|Physical Defenses||Elemental Defenses||Resistances|
These stats are sourced from FuturePress's Official Dark Souls Strategy Guide.
Large Titanite Shard
Green Titanite Shard
Blue Titanite Chunk
|Drop Rate||Guaranteed||Quite Rare||Quite Rare||Rare|
Red Titanite Chunk
White Titanite Chunk
|Drop Rate||Rare||Rare||Rare||Very Rare|