|Dark Sun Gwyndolin|
|Drops||Soul of Gwyndolin|
The tomb of Lord Gwyn can be found using the spiraling staircase on the rotating bridge (while the bridge is in its lowest position) and descending to the second accessible bonfire in Anor Londo. His boss room will appear if the player wears the Darkmoon Seance Ring, which can be found in The Catacombs, or if the player has killed Gwynevere but does not yet have the Darkmoon Seance Ring.
Gwyndolin was the last born son of Gwyn and the only true remaining deity to guard Anor Londo. He was raised as a daughter due to his strong affiliation with the moon's power. He uses the illusion of the princess, Gwynevere, to help hide his repulsive appearance.
The fight against Gwyndolin takes part in a seemingly never-ending corridor.
He's not a very difficult boss if the player has decent dodging skill, of his three attacks two can be avoided by hiding behind a pillar, while the last is strong and fast moving (Note: he will tend to use the Sphere Shot after Orb Spread if you are hiding behind pillars). The main issue in the fight is really catching him, as he teleports away when the player approaches (Equipping the Ring of Fog may increase the time available to hit before the teleporting animation). Thus the best time to run up to him is when he's just finishing off his arrow attack, as he takes a few moments to recover. Gwyndolin can still be damaged during teleport, and for a split second after actually moving, so it is possible to do considerable damage while the boss is still moving.
Upon entering the tomb Gwyndolin will teleport away. It is possible to move closer to him to a point just outside his aggro range. Then using Hawk Ring and Dragonslayer Greatbow you can easily defeat him from range without him retaliating.
- Defeating Gwyndolin grants Domhnall of Zena the ability to sell the Moonlight Set, most notably his helmet, which increases the power of all magic.
- The Darkmoon Knightess becomes hostile if Gwyndolin has been challenged, regardless of whether or not he was defeated.
Gwyndolin will slightly raise up and shoot multiple arrows at the Player. Blockable as they do not use much stamina. Alternatively, the Player can stand behind the pillars so that the arrows hit the pillar instead. From New Game+++, if all the arrows hit a non-blocking player, death is certain.
Gwyndolin will charge up his catalyst and shoot a cluster of homing blue orbs at the Player. Deals heavy damage if they connect. Recommended action is to hide behind the pillars as the orbs cannot go through them, or roll under it.
Gwyndolin will charge up his catalyst and shoot out a huge magic sphere which travels at great speed. Possible to dodge by rolling to the sides or directly under it or blocking with a good magic shield. The sphere can pass through the pillars, so hiding behind them is not recommended.
|Physical Defenses||Elemental Defenses||Resistances|
These stats are sourced from FuturePress's Official Dark Souls Strategy Guide.
Soul of Gwyndolin
|Click to see Dialogue (Contains Spoilers)|
- The corridor that serves as the arena for this fight is not infinite, and its limit can be reached if the player tries to get close to Gwyndolin enough times without killing him. When the limit is reached, Gwyndolin stays in one spot and can only attack, making the fight considerably easier.
- Dark Sun Gwyndolin's boss fight has the same soundtrack as the Moonlight Butterfly.
- Visible on his cloak and underneath it, Gwyndolin does have breasts despite being born male. Whether this is canon or if it was simply a forgotten detail is unknown.
- If Gwyndolin is fought before defeating Ornstein and Smough, Knight Solaire can be summoned from his usual spot. While he will not enter the arena to aid the player in the battle, a Sunlight Medal can be acquired at the end of the fight.
- If the player uses the Darkmoon Seance Ring to enter Gwyndolin's chamber and kill him without destroying the illusion of Gwynevere, both Gwynevere and the illusion of sunlight in Anor Londo will persist after his death.
- Should the player have a white phantom summoned there is a bonus cut scene when they walk through the fog.
- ↑ Darkmoon Seance Ring description.
- ↑ Moonlight Robe description.
- ↑ Darkmoon Blade Covenant Ring description.
|Defeat Dark Sun Gwyndolin|
|Defeat Dark Sun Gwyndolin, the Darkmoon God|