- For the Dark Souls II katana, see Darkdrift.
- For the Dark Souls III katana, see Darkdrift (Dark Souls III).
Darkdrift is a skill in Dark Souls III.
- Aim carefully, and pierce with a large forward lunge. The unseen blade penetrates straight through shields, for nothing can defend from Darkdrift.
When performed, the user pulls the blade back and then lunges forward, dealing damage to enemies even if blocked. This skill requires 20 FP to perform (15 FP when Farron Ring is equipped).
Useful to damage heavy-armored enemies. The blade inflicts considerable damage by piercing through shields.
Even if the skill's effect sounds great, the player must care about the stamina bar. Opponents have the tendency to dodge instead of using shields.
- This skill has the same effect as Shield Splitter.
- Unlike the skill Shield Splitter, Darkdrift completely negates the target's shield's blocking ability, dealing full damage as though the target was not blocking.
- This skill can be parried.