Darkroot Garden is a location in Dark Souls.
The garden is usually accessed early in the game by heading downstairs from Blacksmith Andre in the Undead Parish. It is also possible to enter from Darkroot Basin, but this requires heading through very dangerous territory for a low-level character.
The area beyond the sealed door, requiring the Crest of Artorias is often referred to as "Darkroot Forest", or "PvP Forest" by the Dark Souls community, for its high amount of Player Versus Player combat.
The forest contains more dangerous enemies than other parts of the area, and holds the gate to the area's boss, Great Grey Wolf Sif. One side of the forest is also home to character members of the Forest Hunter Covenant, including the covenant's leader, Alvina of the Darkroot Wood.
- There is a hidden Bonfire behind an illusory wall, to the left of the sealed door requiring the Crest of Artorias.
- The character members of the Forest Hunter Covenant will be hostile until joining their ranks.
- The Stone Set can be found in a chest, hidden in a corner of a wall in Darkroot Garden, just past the bridge by Alvina.
- Forest Hunter Archer (Non-Respawning)
- Forest Hunter Bandit (Respawning)
- Forest Hunter Cleric (Respawning)
- Forest Hunter Knight x2 (Non-Respawning)
- Forest Hunter Sorcerer (Respawning)
- Forest Hunter Thief (Respawning)
- Eastern Set (Corpse)
- Elite Knight Set (Corpse)
- Pharis's Hat (Forest Hunter Archer - Drop)
- Stone Set (Chest)
- Cat Covenant Ring (Alvina - Gift upon joining the Forest Hunter Covenant)
- Covenant of Artorias (Sif - Drop)
- Hornet Ring (Corpse)
- Ring of Fog (Alvina - Gift upon three victories while part of the Forest Hunter Covenant)
- Wolf Ring (Corpse)