How to JoinEdit
Joining the Darkwraith covenant is a little more complicated than some others, as one must be able to speak with Kaathe. In order to access Kaathe, the Covenant of Artorias ring is required (obtained from killing the Great Grey Wolf Sif, as well as the Key to the Seal (obtained from Ingward), and defeating the Four Kings.
After defeating the Four Kings, Kaathe should appear. Answer "Yes" to his question and he will transport the player to the Firelink Altar. Speaking to him again in the Abyss, after this event, will allow the player to join the Darkwraiths.
- Allows purchase of the otherwise rare Cracked Red Eye Orbs, which allows players to invade other worlds as red phantoms. Cracked Red Eye Orbs disappear upon use if the invasion is successful.
- Upon gaining rank one in the covenant, one is granted a Red Eye Orb, allowing for infinite invasions as long as the player is part of the convenant.
- Players are granted a Dark Hand along with the ability of Lifedrain.
Humanities are offered to Kaathe to gain rank in the Darkwraith Covenant.
|-||0||Access to Cracked Red Eye Orbs|
|+1||10||Red Eye Orb|
Dark Hand attacks steal up to 3 humanity
Dark Hand attacks steal up to 5 humanity
|+3||80||Dark Hand attacks steal up to 10 humanity|
- Dying as a red phantom will cause the player to lose souls and humanity dropped as a bloodstain where the player put down the Red Eye Orb, but does NOT cause him/her to become hollowed. As long as players can easily reach their bloodstain, this means that invading other worlds become completely free as long as players have a Red Eye Orb.
- Leaving the covenant in any way will cause the Red Eye Orb (but not Cracked Red Eye Orbs) to become unusable.
- It is not necessary to "give" the Lordvessel to Kaathe in order to join the Darkwraiths. One can simply use a Homeward Bone, commit suicide or similar methods, to exit the Firelink Altar after being transported there by Kaathe.
- As long as the player does not place the Lordvessel when Kaathe is present in Firelink Altar, Frampt will not leave - regardless of whether or not the player is a member of the Darkwraiths.
- Placing the Lordvessel while under Frampt's care will not remove the player from the Darkwraith Covenant.
|Covenant: Dark Wraith|
|Discover the Dark Wraith covenant|
|Blade of the Darkmoon • Chaos Servant • Darkwraith • Forest Hunter • Gravelord Servant |
Path of the Dragon • Princess's Guard • Warrior of Sunlight • Way of White