Devoted followers of Pontiff Sulyvahn and Lord Aldrich, the deacons act as both priests and warriors for the Church of the Deep. Despite their frail appearance, they are powerful mages and can overwhelm opponents with their pyromancies.
There are three variants:
- A normal-sized deacon that usually favors melee attacks and will only resort on casting basic pyromancies from a distance.
- A tall and slim deacon more resilient to damage. They usually cast pyromancies as their main means of attack.
- A large deacon that may cast pyromancies in quick succession. When approached, they will frequently lunge at the player from a considerable distance and with very accurate tracking. They can also cast Force in an attempt to knock the player down and allow their companions to overwhelm them.
- Cathedral of the Deep
- The first three deacons the player will encounter in the game are met in a small library once they finally gain access inside the cathedral.
- Another deacon can be found later on, overlooking at the top of a tower. It will drop the Deep Ring once slain.
- Two patrolling and two initially non-hostile deacons appear on the main praying area located in front of the boss room.
- Irithyll of the Boreal Valley
- Anor Londo
- Three groups of deacons are found once one enters the cathedral, with two groups posted along the left staircase and the last group keeping guard in front of the boss room.
Deacons are weak opponents and easily slain with a few standard attacks. Their threat comes from the speed at which they cast their spells and how they often appear in large groups that can overwhelm the player with a constant barrage of fireballs. It is recommended to either thin them out with ranged attacks from a distance or use hit and run tactics to eliminate them one by one.
|Drop Rate||???||???||???|| Guaranteed |
(lone deacon atop a tower)
- Deacons in the Cathedral of the Deep wear red robes, whereas Deacons in Irithyll and Anor Londo wear blue robes.