A devastating weapon specifically designed for players who rely on sheer force, the Dragonslayer Greataxe primarily scales with Strength, requiring a heavy investment in this stat to be wielded effectively, though ensuring that by the time this condition is met the player will already be properly suited to unleash almost all of this weapon's destructive power.
The Dragonslayer Greataxe does not limit itself on dealing Physical damage and also comes natively imbued with Lightning to provide the player with an elemental offensive alternative; and one of the best, as some of the more powerful enemies encountered in the game, like the Lothric Knights, just so happen to be vulnerable to this element.
All of these features combined together will allow the player to defeat most enemies in a single hit, while also letting them deal heavy damage to bosses. In addition, the force unleashed with each hit of this weapon will usually be enough to stagger most enemies, so even if they don't die in one hit, most of the times they will be left open for following attacks.
If this wasn't enough, the Dragonslayer Greataxe's unique skill, Falling Bolt, is also one of the most destructive ones in the game. When cast, the player will stop for a moment, hold the weapon with both hands while slowly raising it over their head and slam it into the ground, calling a big bolt of lightning to fall from the heavens whilst unleashing a devastating explosion that will obliterate anything inside its blast radius.
- Cannot be buffed or infused.
- Has vastly less stamina consumption that slightly lighter axes, like the Black Knight Greataxe and Yhorm's Great Machete. Probably because it has lesser range than those weapons.
- Despite being the shortest of greataxes, it is also the heaviest. It does have great damage and an extremely deadly skill.
- This greataxe's skill, Falling Bolt, has one of the highest FP costs in its class, if not the highest.
- This greataxe is the only other axe-type weapon to have an "indented" blade. The other one is the Winged Knight Twinaxes. More interestingly, though, is that from the description of the twinaxes (which mentions its shape is meant to be able to fit the human body), one can deduce that the Dragonslayer Greataxe was meant to fit a dragon's neck, so as to prevent the evasion to the attack as it came crashing down to deliver the blow.
- This weapon is oddly enough in reference to the Dragon King Greataxe in the original Dark Souls, which had a similar ability to the skill of the Dragonslayer Greataxe, except with exceptionally more range. The irony being that in Dark Souls III, it is a weapon that is meant to slay dragons.
Reinforced with Titanite Scale.
|Black Knight Greataxe • Demon's Greataxe • Dragonslayer Greataxe • Earth Seeker • Great Machete • Greataxe • Yhorm's Great Machete|