Equip load is the maximum weight that can be equipped. Movement slows as the Equip Load percentage rises.
Equip Load applies to all types of worn items, such as weapons, armor and shields. The heavier an item is, the more it encumbers the player. Weapons with a higher weight value tend to have more base damage, and heavier armor pieces tend to have more defense and Poise.
Maximum Equip LoadEdit
Maximum Equip Load is determined by the Vitality stat and determines how greatly the weight of the currently equipped weapon and armor affect movement and roll speed. These changes occur when the player's total Equip Load reaches 70% and 120% of the Maximum Equip Load. When 70% is reached, the player's roll will become shorter, slower, and with higher ending lag. When 120% is reached, the player may only walk very slowly, as running is now impossible, and back-stepping or roll attempts will result in short stagger.
Stamina regeneration is also affected by the Equip Load percentage, though the change is quite negligible. At 0%, it takes around 2.5 seconds to regenerate 120 Stamina, while under 70%, it takes around 3 seconds. Over 70%, it takes around 3.5 seconds, over 100%, 4 seconds, and over 120%, 5 seconds.
Items affecting Maximum Equip LoadEdit
Bonuses to Maximum Equipment Load are always cumulative, meaning the percentage influences the total Maximum Equip Load, including any items increasing it already equipped.
- The Royal Soldier's Ring variants increases the player's total Maximum Equip Load by 10%, 15%, and 20% depending on the level of the ring.
- The First, Second, and Third Dragon Ring increase the player's total Maximum Equip Load by 5%, 10%, and 12.5% respectively, while also boosting max Health and Stamina. Only one of these three rings can be equipped at any given time.
- The Penal Mask increases the player's total Maximum Equip Load by 3%.
- Each piece of Aurous' Set (Transparent) increases the player's total Maximum Equip Load by a small percentage. The Armor of Aurous and the Leggings of Aurous each grant a 1.5% bonus, While the Helm of Aurous and the Gauntlets of Aurous each grant a 1% bonus to the Maximum Equip Load.
- The damage bonus granted by Flynn's Ring is inversely proportional to the player's Maximum Equip Load (not the player's current Equip Load), meaning a character with a high Maximum Equip load will gain very little bonus damage.