This file contains additional information, probably added from the digital camera or scanner used to create or digitize it.
If the file has been modified from its original state, some details may not fully reflect the modified file.
May 1, 2014
Experimental video in celebration of the PC release.
PLAY ON 2x SPEED IN THE QUALITY OPTIONS MENU OF THE VIDEO.
In order for the 2x speed option to show up in the quality options you will need to have a browser that will play the video using HTML5. The majority of the popular browsers should do this by default else take a look at https://www.youtube.com/html5
Messing around a bit with the pc version, why no 1,080p? Capture card doesn't do 1,080p60fps, not enough harddrive space for fraps raws at 1,080p60fps and cpu too shit for real time encoding on 1,080p60fps. You might notice the audio is decent at best, This is something I have not been able to get right 100%, long story short ghetto workaround to get the video running at 60fps on youtube, best i could do.
About the run
The no bonfire part allows you to light but not sit at bonfires, primal bonfires don't count. This run is just about lighting the right bonfires at the right time, you homeward bone to the last bonfire lit.
No death and no bonfire run was surprisingly painless. It's kind of like an old souls safestrat speedrun with some extra strolls here and there.The trick is to not get tempted to go for those risky jumps that shave off about 20-70 seconds and get killed instantly if things go belly up. If you keep rolling the dice regardless if the odds are in your favor, sooner or later it'll catch up with you. Explorer class is great for this run, he starts off with an extra repair powder and some additional healing items and other goodies. Killing Maughlin the armourer for his armor and getting the ring from old hag to increase soul gain is really great for this run. Power stance weapon durability seems to only affect the weapon in the right hand, switching between which weapon to hold in the right hand is a good way to save up on durability.
The rewards for completing a no death and no bonfire run is a ring that makes your left hand weapon invisible and a ring that makes your right hand weapon invisible. I show this off at the end of the video right after the unskippable credits scene. These rings are probably really good for pvp, it'll make your opponents guessing about the range,move and weapon of your attack.
For a quick summary of the bonfires that i lit in order:
- Light things betwixt bonfire to port after dragonrider(this should have been majula since i just noticed i never used the homeward bone back to majula)
- Light forest of fallen giant cardinal tower bonfire, kill pursuer, run to majula for upgrades then port back to go to lost bastille
- Progress through lost sinner, primal bonfire back and then light majula bonfire
- Progress to iron king, primal back
- Progress to rotten, primal back
- On your way to duke's freya, light shaded woods forked road bonfire(this is the last bonfire i lit, this is basically the endgame hub)
- After duke's freya primal back and upgrade then homeward bone to forked road.
From there on just keep traversing the path to the end node and homeward bone back.
- drangleic castle, double dragon, mirror knight, demon of song, veldstadt, king's ring [END, homeward bone]
- aldia's keep, guardian dragon, ancient dragon [END, homeward bone]
- majula for upgrades, forest of fallen giants, giant lord [END, homeward bone]
- drangleic castle, last 2 bosses[END, don't homeward bone]
Statistics on the run and video in ascending order:
The run itself: less than 2 hours
Encoding the video: 6 hours 20 minutes
Uploading to youtube & processing: 21 hours
Unskippable credits: too damn long
Dark Souls 2: no bonfire & no death run (PC 60fps, PLAY ON 2X SPEED)