If Frost is inflicted on the player, a status bar will appear, indicating buildup. Once the bar is fully filled, Fostbite will be procced, inflicting instantaneous damage and an absorption penalty while reducing stamina recovery speed.
- Player immediately takes damage equal to 11% of their maximum HP, plus 85. This damage can be prevented through the use of invulnerability frames.
- -15 to stamina recovery speed.
- Damage absorption is reduced by 7% across the board.
- Immunity to further Frost build-up while buildup decreases. Buildup takes about 28 seconds to clear once procced.
All penalties go away once the status bar depletes. Alternatively, taking any form of Fire damage will instantly clear buildup. Any Fire damage taken during buildup will have no effect, it can only clear the status effect once it has procced.
- Birch Woman (Ashes of Ariandel)
- Boreal Outrider Knight
- Great Crab (Ashes of Ariandel)
- Irithyllian Beast-Hound
- Pontiff Knight
- Pots in Irithyll of the Boreal Valley
- Vordt of the Boreal Valley
- Sister Friede (Ashes of Ariandel)
- Champion's Gravetender and Gravetender Greatwolf (Ashes of Ariandel)
The following list contains weapons that cause Frost build-up:
- Friede's Great Scythe (Ashes of Ariandel)
- Irithyll Rapier
- Irithyll Straight Sword
- Pontiff Knight Curved Sword
- Pontiff Knight Great Scythe
- Vordt's Great Hammer
- Chillbite Ring
- Deep Protection
- Fleshbite Ring
- Profuse Sweat
- Leveling up the Vigor stat.
- Equipment with Frost resistance.
- Frost is effective against all knights that can't inflict Frostbite, and enemies that still have flesh.
- Frost build-up is the only weapon stat that cannot be altered through infusion, either positively or negatively.
- Due to Fire damage instantly clearing the Frostbite status, one can alternate between a Fire and Frost weapon to repeatedly proc Frostbite on an enemy in order to inflict the burst damage.