If Frost is inflicted on the player, a green status bar will appear. As Frost is inflicted repeatedly, the status bar will become increasingly red, until it is fully red, which is when the Frostbite effect will occur.
The amount of Frost inflicted by weapons wielded by the player is influenced by Luck.
- Reduction in movement speed until the status bar has returned to green.
- Slower recovery when getting staggered.
- A portion of health is taken off upon infliction.
- -15% to Stamina regeneration.
- Damage absorptions are reduced by 15 - 20%.
- Pontiff Knights
- Outrider Knights
- Great Crab (frost version) (Ashes of Ariandel)
- Vordt of the Boreal Valley (boss)
- Pots in Irithyll
- Irythill Hound
- White Tree (Ashes of Ariandel)
The following list contains weapons known with a frost factor:
- Irithyll Rapier
- Irithyll Straight Sword
- Pontiff Knight Curved Sword
- Pontiff Knight Great Scythe
- Vordt's Great Hammer
- Friede's Great Scythe (Ashes of Ariandel)
- Chillbite Ring
- Deep Protection
- Fleshbite Ring
- Profuse Sweat
- Leveling up the Vigor stat.
- Equipment with Frost resistance.