Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Hawkeye Gough is a character in Dark Souls, encountered only in the Artorias of the Abyss DLC. He is voiced by Michael Carter, who also voiced Biorr of the Twinfangs and Blacksmiths Ed and Boldwin in Demon's Souls.
Players can find Gough after defeating Knight Artorias by heading up a set of stairs opposite the Battle of Stoicism Gazebo. However, he can only be reached after finding the Crest Key, which is dropped by a Mimic located in the Oolacile Township.
Gough eventually offers to assist the player in killing Black Dragon Kalameet, but only after the player first encounters the dragon. Should the player answer "Yes" to both of his questions, Gough will shoot down the "old bat", forcing the dragon to engage the player on the ground. It is not necessary for Gough to shoot Kalameet in order to kill the dragon, but it makes the fight significantly easier. Gough gifts his bow to the player upon Kalameet's defeat after several prompts.
Hawkeye Gough is one of the Four Knights of Gwyn and the owner of the Hawk Ring, Hawkeye Gough's Set, and Gough's Greatbow. It is said that he could knock a flying dragon out of the sky with his mighty bow.
Gough was the leader of the Dragonslayers. He wielded the mightiest of greatbows as he was the only one who had the strength to handle such power. Gough was given numerous honors by Lord Gwyn.
Gough was not without his enemies, however. His sight was impaired by those who dismissed Gough as a brutish giant, packing the eye holes of his helm with tree resin; although this did not impair his ability to shoot with deadly precision.
Gough has very high hitpoints and can dish out a lot of damage. The confined area in which he resides can make it difficult to avoid his blows.
Due to Gough's blindness, wearing the Slumbering Dragoncrest Ring will cause him to stop and listen for the player's whereabouts.
He is susceptible to blood loss.
Health and SoulsEdit
|Physical Defenses||Elemental Defenses||Resistances|
These stats are sourced from FuturePress's Official Dark Souls Strategy Guide.
|Drop Rate||Guaranteed||Guaranteed||Guaranteed||Guaranteed|| Guaranteed |
(If not gifted)
|Click to see Dialogue (Contains Spoilers)|
- In the English version, he pronounces his own name as gɔːf, rhyming with the word "cough".
- In the Japanese version, he is known as 鷹の目ゴー, or Taka no Me Gou, with the " f " sound being absent at the end.
- If you happen to be patient enough to do so, you can kill Kalameet with a greatbow, Gough's or Dragonslayer. If you do so, Gough will say a special dialogue. There are specific spots where you only get hit once by Kalameet's fire, which makes this easier.
- ↑ Gough's Great Arrow description.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Carving descriptions.
- ↑ Gough's Set descriptions.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Gough's Greatbow description.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Hawk Ring description.
- ↑ Dragonslayer Greatbow description.
- ↑ Gough's Armor description.
- ↑ Gough's Helm description.
- ↑ Dialogue with Gough.