- Firelink Shrine
- Farron Keep
- Consumed King's Garden
- Archdragon Peak
Hawkwood is a deserter from Farron's Undead Legion. He decides that he is not fit to fulfill his duty of searching for the Lords of Cinder, so instead takes up residence in Firelink Shrine. Once the player defeats the Abyss Watchers, he will disappear from the shrine.
Once the player has acquired the Twinkling Dragon Torso Stone, Andre will give the player Hawkwood's Swordgrass, which contains a message challenging the player to a duel at the mausoleum in Farron, where the Abyss Watchers bonfire is located. If the player defeats Hawkwood, they will acquire the Twinkling Dragon Head Stone. If Hawkwood kills the player, he will take the Twinkling Dragon Torso Stone. The player can reacquire it by killing him.
Twinkling Dragon Head Stone
Twinkling Dragon Torso Stone
|Drop Rate||Guaranteed|| Guaranteed |
| Guaranteed |
(if Hawkwood defeated the player previously)
|Click to see Dialogue (Contains Spoilers)|
- Teaches the "Collapse" gesture the first time the player talks to him.
- Presents the player with a Heavy Gem if talked to after defeating the Crystal Sage in the Road of Sacrifices.
- Presents the player with the Farron Ring if talked to after defeating the Abyss Watchers.
- Once Hawkwood leaves Firelink for good, his shield can be found at the same gravestone he used to pray at, outside and to the right of the shrine, where a Starved Hound attacks.
- Hawkwood can heal up via Estus Flask up to six times throughout the fight.
- Reminiscent of the Crestfallen Warrior from Demon's Souls and Dark Souls, and Saulden from Dark Souls II.