- Gift from Hawkwood after defeating the Curse-rotted Greatwood.
- Dropped by Hawkwood if killed by the player.
- Dropped by a Crystal Lizard found at the bottom of the chasm before reaching Irina's cell (Grave Key required).
- Dropped by Rotten Slugs.
- Dropped by Mad Ghrus.
- Dropped by Elder Ghrus.
- Dropped by a Crystal Lizard in the ruined fortress. From the Old Wolf of Farron bonfire, take the lift up and climb the stairs. Turn around and search for a broken part of the scenery. Drop to and follow the ledges below. The lizard can be found at the base of a staircase surrounded by hollows.
- Dropped commonly by Millwood Knights.
Infusing a weapon with the Heavy property will significantly improve the Strength scaling on that weapon, but compromises the Dexterity scaling by completely removing it, putting emphasis on only Strength after the infusion is done.
Like most other infusions, it will also lower the weapon's base damage slightly. Heavy infusions should only be used if there is a large gap between one's Strength and Dexterity, as if both are nearly equal to one another, the weapon's overall damage after the infusion may be lower than it was prior to.