The Heirs of the Sun is a covenant in Dark Souls II. Members of this covenant aid others in their worlds by being summoned as golden phantoms. The Heirs of the Sun covenant operates much like the Warrior of Sunlight covenant from Dark Souls.
None; the player may join the covenant upon reaching the Altar of Sunlight, located in Harvest Valley.
Upon joining; players receive the Sun Seal ring. While in the covenant, the player's white summon signs and phantom appears as gold instead of white, and the time they can spend in another world is extended.
Upon defeating a boss after being summoned with the White Sign Soapstone, both the host and phantom will receive a Sunlight Medal. These are used to level up in the covenant. Each gold phantom that fullfills their duty at once will grant the host an additional Sunlight Medal. The Sunlight Medal replaces the Token of Fidelity that is normally awarded. Additionally, Warriors of the Sun that are summoned through the Small White Sign Soapstone will not be awarded with a Sunlight Medal upon completion of their duty, and will instead receive the usual Smooth & Silky Stone.
Further rewards are granted upon leveling up:
|+0||-||Granted the Sun Seal. |
White summon signs become golden and player appears as a gold phantom.
Granted the Sunlight Parma.
|+2||20||Granted the Sun Sword.|
|+3||30||Granted the Sunlight Spear miracle.|
- It is not necessary to wear the Sun Seal ring in order to be summoned as a gold phantom. Being in the covenant is sufficient.
- It is not necessary to join this covenant in order to learn the Praise the Sun gesture. This gesture is available as soon as the player reaches the Altar of Sunlight.
- Both Sunlight Spear and the Sun Seal can be used without penalty after leaving the Heirs of the Sun.
- Joining this covenant will give the player's summon signs priority over members of other covenants, increasing their chances to be summoned.
- It is impossible to acquire Tokens of Fidelity from being summoned while part of the Heirs of the Sun.
- White phantoms will not be given a Sunlight Medal, even if a gold phantom is present.
| Bell Keepers • Blue Sentinels • Brotherhood of Blood • Company of Champions |
Dragon Remnants • Heirs of the Sun • Pilgrims of Dark • Rat King • Way of Blue