Tall and thin hollow thieves with an old and frayed cowl covering their heads who like to lurk in the shadows. They come armed with daggers and will frequently throw knives at enemies from medium distance.
Assassins are very agile and experienced in quick combat. They are usually found in groups and are experts in preparing ambushes. However, they have little poise and can be staggered easily.
While fighting a lone Assassin poses no considerable threat, being attacked by two or more can be very dangerous, as their combined attacks can easily stun the player in place until they die.
- Three are found in the tower beneath the Tower on the Wall bonfire, the first lurking behind some crates beyond the first Lothric Knight, and the other two on the floor below.
- Another Assassin can be found on a small terrace adjacent to the side room of the dining area where the second Lothric Knight is encountered.
- A single Assassin can be found amongst the many Hollow Soldiers scattered at the top of the ruined fortress that hosts the Old Wolf of Farron bonfire.
- About five Assassins await in two ambushes prepared on the right path after dropping from the main bridge with the two Lothric Wyverns.
- Two Assassins await playing possum on a balcony at the uppermost floor of the right building, just outside of the dining room with a crawling Mimic.
Hollow Assassins are very quick and agile, and have slightly more health than their fellow area hollows, so equipping a quick weapon is preferred in order to deal with them. They have very little poise, however, and simply raising up a shield will usually be enough for them to become staggered as they hit it, allowing for an easy kill.
It is not recommended to confront them in groups, as they can easily flank the player and combine a series of quick flurries, locking them in place until they die.
In Lothric Castle, two groups of Assassins await in ambush along the right path after dropping from the main bridge. A single Assassin will jump down from the wall on the left in the first ambush and two more will jump down in the second. If the player exits and continues the game in this area, upon return the Assassins' hands will be visible at the top of the wall, allowing the player to shoot them with a ranged attack and forcing them to jump down individually.