General Information Edit
Restores the player back to human form, allowing their health bar to recover up to its maximum value and allowing the player to see and interact with summon signs.
Burning Human Effigies at bonfires temporarily decreases the player's world priority in the invasion selection process and disables the ability to summon other players except NPCs; this includes disabling the ability to use Cracked Blue Eye Orbs and Cracked Red Eye Orbs. It takes 30-60 minutes for the burning of a Human Effigy to wear off. This only applies to the area in which the effigy was burned, and the player must remain in that area for the effigy timer to count down. Time spent outside the area will not reduce the timer.
Can be chosen as a Starting gift.
- Brightstone Cove Tseldora: Five in a chest near the first bonfire. There's a well with a path that goes to it.
- Cathedral of Blue: Five in a chest before the Old Dragonslayer bossfight.
- Forest of Fallen Giants: Five in NG+ and 1 in NG in a chest at the entrance. It's under the little wooden bridge.
- Things Betwixt: In a chest on the second floor of the hut.
- Darkdiver Grandahl sells 3 for 3,000 souls each
- Magerold of Lanafir sells 1 for 3,000 souls.
- Grave Warden Agdayne sells 13 for 3,000 souls each
- Merchant Hag Melentia sells 5 for 1,500 souls each.
- Milibeth in Things Betwixt will drop 3 if killed
- She will give 6 for free. The player needs to talk to her after getting the King's Ring.
- She will drop 6 if killed.
- Dyna & Tillo
- Attack Dog in The Lost Bastille.
- Parasitized Undead in Brightstone Cove Tseldora.
- Skeletons in Harvest Valley.
- Lizardmen in the Shrine of Amana.
- Old Ironclad Soldiers in Forest of Fallen Giants.
- All invaders give the host one Effigy each upon defeat, regardless of how the invader died. Black Phantoms that do not have an invasion message, such as the one found above Mytha's fog gate, will not give Effigies.
Effigies can be difficult to acquire, but they are not the only way to become human again. These things can also reverse Hollowing:
- Being summoned as a phantom or shade will turn the player human upon succesfully completing their duty.
- The player can find a shrine down a short path found above the fourth bonfire in Shrine of Amana down a short path that will turn the player human for free. This method only works if the player has no effigies. Dropping the effigies on the ground to remove them from the player's inventory will not work.
- A Ring of Life Protection or Ring of Soul Protection will prevent the player from Hollowing after dying as well as other benefits, and can be repaired for a respectable amount of Souls when they break upon death.
- Giving Vendrick the King's Crown as well as the Crown of the Sunken King, Old Iron King and Ivory King in Vendrick's Memory lets the player ignore hollowing, and curse, when wearing any of the crowns.