The Irithyll Straight Sword is one of the three weapons in the base game that is capable of inflicting frostbite status, which hinders an enemy's stamina recovery, inflicts some direct damage to their health, and lowers their damage absorption by 20% for a short duration.
However, it has unremarkable stat scaling and rather low base damage for a weapon that upgrades with Twinkling Titanite. Its moveset is identical to that of the Long Sword, but with noticeably longer reach.
Weapon skill overviewEdit
When using the weapon skill, the player transitions into a stance in which they grasp the pommel with both hands and hold the sword up at shoulder level. Executing a light attack whilst in the stance will cause the player to perform a quick vertical slash that inflicts significant stamina damage, which will likely result in an opponent's guard being broken if they are blocking; the player may then riposte them with a critical attack if they so choose. Using the strong attack whilst in the stance will have the player perform a lunging thrust forward, inflicting heavy poise damage on contact.
- 1HW: Quick horizontal swipe
- 1HS: first a trusting lunge, second a upper slice
- 2HW: Quick vertical cuts
- 2HS: A stong sweep attack
- JA: Plunges it into the ground
- 2JA: Same
- RA: A horizontal swipe to the right
- 2RA: Downwards slice
- RoA: A trusting lunge
- 2RoA: Same
- PAW: A 360º swipe upwards
- PAS: Player runs forward and thrust upwards
- Cannot be buffed or infused.
- The Irithyll Straight Sword is one of the only six weapons in the game that can inflict the rare Frost status ailment.
Reinforced with Twinkling Titanite.
|Anri's Straight Sword • Astora Straight Sword • Barbed Straight Sword • Broadsword • Broken Straight Sword • Cleric's Candlestick • Dark Sword • Gotthard Twinswords • Irithyll Straight Sword • Long Sword • Lothric Knight Sword • Lothric's Holy Sword • Morion Blade • Shortsword • Sunlight Straight Sword • Valorheart|