Tsorig is one of the most dangerous enemies the player will encounter in the game. He wields the Fume Ultra Greatsword and Black Iron Greatshield and attacks with very advanced tactics, which can become even more dangerous since he has the advantage of surprise and because how comprised the areas he appears in are.
He uses the skills of both his ultra greatsword and greatshield frequently. During the fight, he tends to wield his ultra greatsword with both hands, performing powerful attacks with it.
- Invades as a dark spirit in the catacombs. From the Catacombs of Carthus bonfire, head downstairs and enter the first doorway on the right, where an Ember can be found at the end. Tsorig will invade as the player makes their way out.
- If defeated as a dark spirit in the Catacombs of Carthus, he will be available for summoning against the Old Demon King. His summon sign can be found near the Demon Ruins bonfire.
- Awaits concealed near the lowermost staircase of the level, which leads to a lava pool. In this encounter, he appears in physical form.
Tsorig is a very dangerous enemy who can quickly dispose of any foe with just a few swings of his ultra greatsword. The player is advised to let him perform the first move and then counterattack, although only if they are sure he is not going to follow with another attack. In addition, the player should not get greedy and never attack him more than once or twice. His most powerful attacks have very slow buildup and will always leave him open afterward.
Special caution must be taken when he holds his ultra greatsword with both hands, as he can easily break guards and stagger the player, should any of his attacks connect.
His most dangerous attack is, without a doubt, when he performs his ultra greatsword's Stomp skill. He will usually unleash this attack on players who try to attack him constantly. Tsorig will suddenly lunge forward, becoming completely impervious to attack for a brief moment, and unleash a powerful upward slash that will send the player flying and leave them completely vulnerable while they are on the ground.
An easy way to defeat Tsorig in the Catacombs of Carthus consists in running to the area with the hanging bridge and hit it while he is crossing it, sending him down to his death. If he falls on the small path below, he can be killed from a distance with ranged attacks.
- Defeating Tsorig for the first time on any of his two locations, bestows the "My thanks!" gesture.
- Once he has been defeated the first time, the Black Iron Set will become available for purchase with the Shrine Handmaid.
- If the player did not fight Tsorig in the Catacombs of Carthus, they will receive all drops (Fume Ultra Greatsword, Black Iron Greatshield, Knight Slayer's Ring, and the "My thanks!" gesture) if they defeat him in the Smouldering Lake.
- Tsorig will perform a gesture if he manages to defeat the player. He will also perform it upon activation of Tears of Denial.
- Tsorig can be summoned to fight against himself if his phantom is led to his real form.
- Even if he is killed in the chambers below the Smouldering Lake, he will still able to be summoned from near the Demon Ruins bonfire. Tsorig shares this trait with Holy Knight Hodrick, who is the only other character able to be summoned after being killed in the player's world.