|Large Titanite Shard|
| Crestfallen Merchant - 4,000 souls|
Giant Blacksmith - 3,800 souls
Hawkeye Gough - 3,800 souls
Crystal Lizard - drop
Berenike Knight - drop
Giant Leech - drop
Balder Knight - drop
Slime - drop
Forest Hunter - reward
Bloathead (AotA) - drop
| +10 reinforce: standard weapon|
+5 reinforce: raw weapon
While Large Titanite Shards are significantly more expensive and rare than Titanite Shards, they are required to upgrade most standard weapons and armor to +10. They are also required to ascend standard weapons down the Raw upgrade path.
- Giant leeches in Blighttown are abundant and drop Large Titanite Shards occasionally. Unfortunately, this method is a bit slow in terms of farmed Large Titanite Shards per minute.
- Oolacile Township's Bloatheads drop Large Titanite Shards at a very slightly lower rate (5.0% compared to the leeches' 5.15%), although they give more souls.
- The Giant Blacksmith in Anor Londo sells Large Titanite Shards later in the game at 3800 souls each.
- The Berenike Knight in The Painted World of Ariamis drops a guaranteed Large Titanite Shard every time it is killed, along with 1,300 souls.
- It is mandatory to have found and given the Large Ember to Andre of Astora in order start ascending/upgrading weapons and armor by employing Large Titanite Shards.