While Large Titanite Shards are significantly more expensive and rare than Titanite Shards, they are required to upgrade most standard weapons and armor to +10. They are also required to ascend standard weapons down the Raw upgrade path.
- Dropped by Slimes in the Depths. Their drop rate is the lowest (2%), but a large number of them spawn outside the bonfire room, making it easy to sprint to the other end of the passage to provoke them into dropping from the ceiling, then turn around and kill them on your way back. Due to their extreme weakness to fire, pyromancy can potentially speed this process, easily killing each one with a single Fireball.
- Giant Leeches in Blighttown are abundant and drop Large Titanite Shards occasionally. Unfortunately, this method is a bit slow in terms of farmed shards per minute.
- Oolacile Township's Bloatheads drop Large Titanite Shards at a very slightly lower rate (5.0% compared to the leeches' 5.15%), although they give more souls.
- The Giant Blacksmith in Anor Londo sells Large Titanite Shards later in the game at 3,800 souls each.
- The Berenike Knight in the Painted World of Ariamis drops a guaranteed Large Titanite Shard every time it is killed, along with 1,300 souls.
- It is mandatory to have found and given the Large Ember to Andre of Astora in order start ascending/upgrading weapons and armor by employing Large Titanite Shards.