- In a room after the second Butcher in the Depths. He is trapped in a barrel.
- At Firelink Shrine near the path to Kingseeker Frampt.
- Hollowed in Blighttown near where Maneater Mildred invades (if answered "Yes" to his question regarding Quelana's pyromancy).
If the player acquires pyromancies from The Fair Lady or Quelana of Izalith, or if the player upgrades their flame with Quelana, Laurentius will ask the player where they obtained such power. If the player answers "Yes" to his question, he will travel to the Blighttown swamp where he will become hollow. If the player answers "No", he will remain in Firelink Shrine and continue as a merchant and pyromancy trainer.
Laurentius' pyromancies give players convenient openings with which to backstab him. He has no Poise and his regular attacks are easy to block. Fire resistance may be useful in case he does manage to land a lucky fireball or two.
- Laurentius is, chronologically, the last basic trainer encountered. Therefore, it behooves people wishing to specialize in pyromancy to spend their souls on things like Vitality instead of Attunement early on, as extra slots will be useless for a while.
- Players with the Master Key can get around this by taking the shortcut to Blighttown through the New Londo Ruins and Valley of the Drakes and accessing Quelana of Izalith.
- Laurentius sells pyromancies that are both unique to him and also very useful, so it may be wise to think twice before killing him.
- Using a weapon to free Laurentius may potentially aggravate him. Roll into the barrel instead, as it will not harm Laurentius and will free him.
Laurentius can also upgrade Pyromancy Flames in exchange for souls. He can enhance a pyromancy flame to up to +15, but cannot ascend it.
Health and SoulsEdit
|Location||Physical Defenses||Elemental Defenses||Resistances|
These stats are sourced from FuturePress's Official Dark Souls Strategy Guide.
Tattered Cloth Hood +6
Tattered Cloth Robe +6
Tattered Cloth Manchette +6
Heavy Boots +6
|Click to see Dialogue (Contains Spoilers)|
- The Crestfallen Warrior calls Laurentius an "old man", except Laurentius looks and sounds like he is in his mid thirties at most.
- ↑ Dialogue.
- ↑ Amazing pyromancy refers to an ascended Pyromancy Flame (by Quelana of Izalith) or any Chaos pyromancy.