Even though he carries a shield, he will not use it during combat and will instead rely only on using sheer force by wielding his weapon with both hands the whole encounter, usually trying to start attacking by jumping toward the player and slamming it onto the ground.
- High Wall of Lothric
- Appears as a summonable phantom. His sign can be found after the small courtyard with the fountain and the Winged Knight, on the left corner.
- Grand Archives
He is encountered as part of an ambush in the big courtyard of the Grand Archives. His two companions, Kamui and Kriemhild, will usually provide ranged support while he engages in close combat with the player.
It is not advisable to fight all three enemies at once, and instead try to draw them in one by one with ranged attacks. However, even if only one of them has been attacked, the other two will join the fight after a determined amount of time, so one must deal as much damage as possible before they arrive.
Albert's attacks are very slow and predictable, and he usually requires a couple of seconds to recover from most of them, which leaves him frequently open to backstabs. Always let him attack first and then retaliate.
If his companions are giving trouble with their ranged attacks, one can retreat inside the library, where walls can provide cover, and try to finish them there one by one.
If you're having trouble combating them together, a strategy that can be applied to all three of them is the use of Dung Pies. If you make a run for the elevator shortcut and reload the area, they will be visible from the elevator exit and will not trigger from this position unless damaged by a weapon. Since Dung Pies do not cause damage but inflict Toxic buildup, you can throw them without triggering any of them, and can quickly kill them with a Throwing Knife once their HP has been depleted.
Golden Wing Crest Shield
- Knight Albert can heal up via Estus Flask up to two times throughout the fight.
- If the player kills Emma while he is present, he will use his own Black Separation Crystal and leave the player's world.
- After defeating him, the Faraam Set will become available for purchase with the Shrine Handmaid.
- Since killing Emma makes him abandon the player's world and he wields the Golden Wing Crest Shield, a shield used by blue knights, that may imply he has some sort of allegiance to her and the Way of Blue covenant.