Pale Shades, colloquially known as "Harlots of Death", are assassins of the Sable Church of Londor. They are undying hollows who perform atrocities in the name of their sect, covering their darkly shriveled appearance with a golden sneering mask. The Manikin Claws are their weapon of choice.
They long for the day when a chosen champion is foretold to come and bring the glory back to their land.
- Manikin Claws
- Morion Blade (summon only)
- Dark Hand
- Witchtree Branch
- Poison Throwing Knife
- Pale Shade Set
- Invades as a dark spirit near the beginning of the level if exploring the poison swamp in a counter-clockwise direction, where several Basilisks are found. The player should not be following Yuria's questline in order for him to invade.
- Can be summoned for the Abyss Watchers boss battle. His summon sign is found on a corner near the Farron Keep Perimeter bonfire.
- Invades as a dark spirit past the gallery guarded by three Silver Knights, at the top of the first set of stairs. The player should not be following Yuria's questline in order for him to invade.
- Can be summoned for the Pontiff Sulyvahn boss battle. His summon sign is found next to one of the statues outside of the boss arena.
- Can be summoned for the Soul of Cinder boss battle. His summon sign is found halfway between the bonfire and the boss arena.
He comes armed with the Manikin Claws and will attempt to start his attacks by performing a slow, strong attack, and then follow with normal ones. He does not have much poise, however, and will stagger easily with each attack of most weapons, allowing for many subsequent hits until stamina runs out.
At long range, his offensive capabilities are even more limited, resorting only to throw poison knives in quick succession.
|Drop Rate|| Guaranteed |
- Becomes an invader if the player's relationship with Yuria of Londor is disrupted. This will happen in the following situations:
- The player must be in Lord of Cinder mode in order to be invaded by the Pale Shade in both occasions.
- Upon defeat, the player will be awarded two Estus Flask refills.
- Becomes summonable as a white phantom ally as long as the player follows Yuria's questline.
- Teaches the "Duel bow" gesture the first time he is summoned.
- After defeating the Pale Shade in the Farron Keep and Irithyll of the Boreal Valley, the Pale Shade Set will appear in Firelink Shrine at the location where Yoel and Yuria used to reside.
- His equipment and the "Duel bow" gesture can actually be obtained without disrupting Yuria's questline by following these steps: