Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Ciaran appears after Artorias is defeated, asking the player for the Soul of Artorias. She rewards the player with the Gold Tracer and the Dark Silver Tracer if given the Soul of Artorias. It is possible that she was romantically involved with Artorias, before he was lost to the Abyss.
- Her Dark Silver Tracer causes Toxic buildup and 6 damage per second once contracted.
- Although she will not drop her weapons if they have already been traded for the Soul of Artorias, she still wields them in battle.
- She will not drop the Soul of Artorias upon death if it has been traded.
- She will not spawn if the player consumes the Soul of Artorias before returning to the arena. The grave will still be there, though no one will be attending it.
- In the PC Version, Ciaran can still be found kneeling by the small grave after the Abyss Greatsword has been created. The player can still interact with (and kill) her should they return to Artorias' arena.
Health and SoulsEdit
|Damage Types||Slash / Thrust / Bleed / Toxic|
|Physical Defenses||Elemental Defenses||Resistances|
These stats are sourced from FuturePress's Official Dark Souls Strategy Guide.
Lord's Blade Robe
Lord's Blade Gloves
Lord's Blade Waistcloth
Dark Silver Tracer
|Drop Rate|| Guaranteed |
(If not already traded)
| Guaranteed |
(If not already traded)
|Click to see Dialogue (Contains Spoilers)|
* This part of the dialogue has no subtitles.
- It is believed she had a romantic relationship with Artorias the Abysswalker prior to the events of the game. You can find the Hornet Ring, which belonged to her, on a dead female body behind the gravestone of Artorias in Darkroot Garden. This might be some evidence backing up the romantic relationship between these two.
- By her dialogue, it can be implied that Lord's Blade Ciaran wasn't human, or that she had some kind of aversion to them. If she is indeed not human, then it would be interesting to note that she does not tower over the player as the Lords themselves and their kin did, with the curious exception of Moon sorcerer, Dark Sun Gwyndolin.
- Ciaran is a Gaelic name given to males, and means "Dark One", the female variation is Ciara. The fact that Ciaran has this name is probably a translation error.