|Given by Gwynevere, Princess of Sunlight|
|Grants teleportation to certain bonfires and eventual access to the Kiln of the First Flame|
The Lordvessel is a plot item in Dark Souls.
Upon acquiring the Lordvessel, players can warp to select bonfires. Players must rest at a bonfire in order to use the warping ability. It is possible to warp from any bonfire, excluding the one in the Painted World of Ariamis and the Duke's Archives prison tower. Extinguished bonfires can still be warped to.
Under the guidance of either Darkstalker Kaathe or Kingseeker Frampt, the player may place the Lordvessel at the Firelink Altar. In doing so, boss areas containing the Lord Souls and Bequeathed Lord Soul Shards will become accessible. Once the Lordvessel is satiated, the doors to the Kiln of the First Flame are made open, where they may finally face the Lord of Cinder. Players still have the ability to warp, even after placing the Lordvessel.
Players lose the ability to warp after they progress to the next difficulty level.
List of warp locationsEdit
- Firelink Shrine
- Sunlight Altar near Undead Parish
- Chamber of the Princess near Gwynevere in Anor Londo
- The first accessible bonfire in Anor Londo
- Darkmoon Tomb, the second bonfire in Anor Londo
- The Abyss, after defeating the Four Kings
- Altar of the Gravelord, after the player defeats Gravelord Nito
- Daughter of Chaos, located in Quelaag's Domain, guarded by Quelaag's Sister
- Stone Dragon in Ash Lake
- Undead Parish, near Andre of Astora
- Tomb of the Giants
- Painted World of Ariamis
- The Duke's Archives
- Crystal Cave
- Chasm of the Abyss*
- Sanctuary Garden*
- Oolacile Sanctuary*
- Oolacile Township*
- Oolacile Township Dungeon*
* Available only in the Artorias of the Abyss DLC
- It is possible to access the Kiln of the First Flame without interacting with either Frampt or Kaathe by dropping down the opening Frampt springs from. However, doing so before placing the Lordvessel will alienate the serpents and cause both of them to leave.
- It is impossible to summon any phantoms at any of the Lord Boss' (excluding the Four Kings) locations without placing the Lordvessel with Frampt or Kaathe. Bloodstains, Messages and player ghosts will appear as usual and it is possible to be summoned, but not to summon.
- Whenever the player initially returns to Frampt with the Lordvessel, the serpent will be sleeping. To awaken him, simply attack him once.
- To place the Lordvessel under the guidance of Kaathe, one must first continue on to the New Londo Ruins and defeat the Four Kings in order to gain access to him.
- Remnants of the Lordvessel can be found in the lower most level of the abandoned mansion in Majula within Dark Souls 2. The pieces vary in size, and are found on the ground to the right of the large archway containing a metal chest.
|Acquire the Lordvessel|