The Lordvessel is a plot item in Dark Souls.
Upon acquiring the Lordvessel, players can warp to select bonfires. Players must rest at a bonfire in order to use the warping ability. It is possible to warp from any bonfire, excluding the ones in the Painted World of Ariamis, The Duke's Archives prison tower, and the Undead Burg. Extinguished bonfires can still be warped to.
Under the guidance of either Darkstalker Kaathe or Kingseeker Frampt, the player may place the Lordvessel at the Firelink Altar. In doing so, boss areas containing the Lord Souls and Bequeathed Lord Soul Shards will become accessible. Once the Lordvessel is satiated, the doors to the Kiln of the First Flame are made open, where they may finally face the Lord of Cinder. Players still have the ability to warp, even after placing the Lordvessel.
Players lose the Lordvessel and with it, the ability to warp after they progress to the next difficulty level.
List of warp locationsEdit
|Firelink Shrine||The starting area after the Undead Asylum.|
|Sunlight Altar||Across the bridge guarded by the Hellkite Dragon, in the Undead Burg.|
|Anor Londo||The first accessible bonfire, before the rotating bridge.|
|Darkmoon Tomb||The second bonfire in Anor Londo. Accessed via the rotating bridge.|
|Chamber of the Princess||Outside Gwynevere's chamber in Anor Londo's cathedral.|
|The Abyss||Accessible after defeating the Four Kings.|
|Altar of the Gravelord||Accessible after defeating Gravelord Nito.|
|Daughter of Chaos||Located in Quelaag's Domain, near Quelaag's Sister.|
|Stone Dragon||At the end of long beach in Ash Lake.|
|Undead Parish||Directly above Andre of Astora.|
|Depths||In the room at the end of the corridor full of slimes, opened with Sewer Chamber Key.|
|Tomb of the Giants||The first bonfire, just before Patches.|
|Painted World of Ariamis||Located just before the entrance to the fort.|
|The Duke's Archives||The balcony area, near the entrance to Crystal Cave.|
|Crystal Cave||Accessible after defeating Seath the Scaleless.|
|Sanctuary Garden (AotA)||Just prior to the Sanctuary Guardian boss.|
|Oolacile Sanctuary (AotA)||The area where Elizabeth is located.|
|Oolacile Township (AotA)||The area just after the Knight Artorias.|
|Oolacile Township Dungeon (AotA)||The dungeon just before entering the Chasm of the Abyss.|
|Chasm of the Abyss (AotA)||Accessible after defeating Manus, Father of the Abyss.|
- It is possible to access the Kiln of the First Flame without interacting with either Frampt or Kaathe by dropping down the opening Frampt springs from. However, doing so before placing the Lordvessel will alienate the serpents and cause both of them to leave.
- It is impossible to summon any phantoms at any of the Lord Boss' (excluding the Four Kings) locations without placing the Lordvessel with Frampt or Kaathe. Bloodstains, Messages and player ghosts will appear as usual and it is possible to be summoned, but not to summon.
- Whenever the player initially returns to Frampt with the Lordvessel, the serpent will be sleeping. To awaken him, simply attack him once.
- To place the Lordvessel under the guidance of Kaathe, one must first continue on to the New Londo Ruins and defeat the Four Kings in order to gain access to him.
- In Dark Souls II, shards of a shattered Lordvessel can be found scattered about the ground of the basin of the mansion in Majula.