Lower Lost Izalith is a magma rich environment, thus the Orange Charred Ring will be needed to traverse much of the area safely if the shortcut is not used. The natural path is reached by making one's way through the Demon Ruins and entering the tunnel to the left of the Centipede Demon fog door.
Izalith was once the domain of the Witch of Izalith, and seemingly a great and booming city. The Witch attempted to recreate the First Flame from her own Lord Soul, which failed and produced the Bed of Chaos. Izalith was subsequently overrun by demons born from the Bed of Chaos. The demons fought against Gwyn, Lord of Sunlight and his knights, and were contained to their fallen city.
- It's possible to avoid most of the magma area by using the shortcut before the Demon Firesage boss door. It is unlocked by reaching Chaos Servant +2.
- Exiting and continuing the game just outside the structure over the poisonous pit where Siegmeyer can be found, will make the floor crumble by itself, allowing players to avoid taking the risk of falling into the pit and be overwhelmed by Chaos Eaters.
- This is the only area of the game to have a respawning Titanite Demon.
- Kirk, Knight of Thorns will invade the player for the final time, close to the fog door leading to the Bed of Chaos. If the player does not kill the Daughter of Chaos first, they will have to fight both at the same time, making this invasion difficult.
- Daughter of Chaos
- Kirk, Knight of Thorns (Red Phantom)
- Solaire of Astora (If wearing the Sunlight Maggot)
- Divine Blessing x2 (Corpse)
- Chaos Fire Whip (Chest)
- Lord Soul (Bed of Chaos - Drop)
- Soul of a Great Hero (Chest)
- Soul of a Hero (Corpse)
- Large Soul of a Brave Warrior x2 (Corpse)
- Soul of a Brave Warrior (Corpse)
- Izalith Catalyst (Daughter of Chaos - Drop)
- Sunlight Shield (Solaire of Astora - Drop)
- Sunlight Straight Sword (Solaire of Astora - Drop)
- Sunlight Talisman (Solaire of Astora - Drop)