Descendants of the ancient dragons, Gurds are a rapacious race of creatures with a human-like body and the head of a snake. They live high on the mountains, in Archdragon Peak, where they are mostly isolated from the rest of the world and have erected large temples to worship their ancestors.
They wear badly worn and dirty clothes, with their long snake-like heads wrapped in rags, and come armed either with paired knives, or with a shotel and shield or greatshield. Certain variants also have the ability to spew fireballs.
Their offensive capabilities are not restricted just to the weapons they wield, and they can even lash out or bite with their long reptilian heads, draining large amounts of stamina.
- Consumed King's Garden
- A single Man Serpent can still be found alive amongst all the dead bodies of its brethren, in a room beyond King Oceiros's boss arena.
- Archdragon Peak
- Man Serpents conform the main opposing force in this area.
Man Serpents usually attack in groups, given their bandit-like nature, and are experts in preparing ambushes, sometimes found hiding behind pillars or corners, or even clinging from the ceilings.
The knives-wielding variant is the quickest and most aggressive. Special care must be taken when they raise their secondary knife as a shield. Attacking them while in this stance will result in them parrying and then "riposting" by biting the head of their adversaries, lifting them from the ground and then lashing them back down for high damage.
The fireball spewing variants are also dangerous, as they have an extremely long aggro range and their projectiles have homing capabilities, serving mainly as distractions when the player is fending off other enemies, not to mention they do a considerable amount of Fire damage. It is advisable to kill them with ranged attacks from very far away, before they become hostile, or, if the player is skilled enough, rush forward and slay them while evading the rest of the enemies.
Large Titanite Shard
Man Serpent Hatchet
Small Leather Shield
- Reminiscent of the Serpent Soldiers from Dark Souls.
- In the Souls series, snakes and serpents are generally conceived as a type of lesser dragons, perhaps explaining the Man Serpents appearance in Archdragon Peak, their ability to spew fireballs, and why they worship the ancient dragons as their ancestors.
- Likely successors of the Serpent-Men from the King's Field series.