Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The story and events in New Game+ are identical to New Game. The player keeps all non-story based acquired weapons, armor, items and rings, and retains their level, stats, and covenant standings. The primary differences are an increase in game difficulty, in the form of more powerful enemies, and greater reward in souls for their defeat. However, other differences include the introduction of new enemies in certain locations, additional item drops from certain bosses, and even minor changes to a few boss fight mechanics.
Exceptions are the keys added for accessing The Lost Crowns downloadable content.
New Game+ and beyondEdit
Once the player reaches the end again, they will start with an even harder difficulty and an increase in souls received from enemies, but only marginally so. Enemies gain two, three, or four times the damage and souls while health usually only doubles. After this, the increase is minute. The difficulty increase stops at New Game+7.
Along with an increase in difficulty, there are other differences between New Game and New Game+.
- Falconers spawn around the immediate area where New Game+ begins.
- A pair of dark spirit goblins spawn before the bridge to Old Ladies' hut.
- A dark spirit wielding an Avelyn will spawn in the room with the archer.
- The Moon Butterfly Set is now purchasable from Maughlin the Armorer.
- A new Skeleton enemy is added in the mansion basement for each addition of New Game+ (i.e. if one is on New Game +2, there will be three skeletons in the basement).
- A Catarina Knight dark spirit appears near the Soldier's Rest bonfire.
- A dark spirit wielding a Heide Knight Sword and a Dagger spawns near Mild-Mannered Pate.
- An Old Ironclad Soldier dark spirit spawns near one of the giant memories.
- A Hollow Soldier spawns in the open stairwell before The Pursuer boss fight.
- A pair of dark spirits spawn at the door to the Place Unbeknownst bonfire. One of them is similar to the one found near Pate, and the other wields a Greatshield and Mastodon Greatsword.
- The chest in the room with several ballistas that normally contains a Titanite Shard will have three Titanite Chunks instead.
- Blue Sentinel dark spirits appear along the path to the Cathedral of Blue.
- A dark spirit wielding a Chariot Lance spawns by the fog door leading to the Dragonrider boss fight.
- Additional Old Knights spawn on the path to the boss fight. Once only.
- A red phantom spawns before the boss fight and has a very low chance to drop the Aurous' Set.
- During the fight with the Flexile Sentry, two Suspicious Shadows will spawn, who can drop the Shadow Set.
- A red phantom Undead Jailer spawns before the Heide Knight.
- In the cell next to Straid's, the corpse that usually has a Petrified Dragon Bone will have Resplendent Life and three Firebombs instead.
- During the fight with The Lost Sinner, two pyromancer phantoms will spawn. (They may not appear if a Bonfire Ascetic is used in NG.)
- A red phantom Undead Prisoner spawns near the stairs to the left side of the flooded area.
- A pair of red phantom Undead Jailers guard the doors to light the boss arena.
- A red phantom Artificial Undead spawns by the bridge before the Executioner's Chariot boss fight.
- Most of the Torturers before the Executioner's Chariot boss fight are replaced by red phantom versions.
- A pair of red phantom Artificial Undead spawn before Merciless Roenna and the Skeleton Lords boss fight one in front and one behind the player, blocking any escape routes.
- The Greatsword Phantom will respawn like a normal enemy.
- A red phantom Artificial Undead spawns by the corpse with the Old Knight Pike and Old Knight Greatshield.
- A red phantom Alonne Captain spawns near the entrance past the first 2 Alonne Knights.
- Red phantom Alonne Knights and Alonne Captains spawn in addition to the normal enemies.
- A red phantom wearing the Ironclad Set minus the leggings and wielding an ironclad hammer spawns before the Eygil's idol bonfire.
- In the mist area, the Gower's Ring of Protection is available.
- A red phantom Goblin will spawn with the normal ones on the path to Drangleic Castle.
- Large boar enemies will spawn with the Enslaved Pigs at the Royal Army Campsite. They always drop a Divine Blessing.
- Additional red phantom Parasite Spiders will spawn in areas with regular ones, such as the third bonfire area.
- An additional Blue Flame wielding phantom will spawn on the other side of the wall leading to the spike pit.
- The Duke's Dear Freja will climb over the cliff after the rolling boulders and attack the player by surprise. It will retreat after a while, but any damage done to it will carry over to the actual boss fight.
- At the very bottom (after passing the Royal Rat Vanguard) where Great Heal is found, two red phantoms will spawn. One uses miracles and wears the Dingy Set and will always drop it at +5, and the other wears the Faraam Set with the Ruler's Sword and the King's Shield, and drops a Soul of a Great Hero.
- A red phantom clad in the Syan's Set and wielding the Drakekeeper's Warpick spawns past the first two Primal Knights.
- The Ruin Sentinels will never normally respawn.
- A red phantom wielding the Washing Pole and a Greatshield spawns in the room with the imprisoned Milfanito.
- After obtaining the Giant's Kinship, Blue-Eyed Durgo will invade the player at the King's Gate leading to the Throne Of Want.
- A pair of Imperious Knights spawn past the first bonfire.
- If the player is hollow when they meet the Old Ladies in NG+, the game will think they are on NG and will reset all stats to base levels, making them go through the character creation once more but keeping the difficulty at NG+ level.