In order to access this world, the player must first pick up the Peculiar Doll located in the Northern Undead Asylum, upon the return visit later in the game. When examining the large guarded painting in Anor Londo, the player will be mysteriously pulled into the cloistered area.
A total of ten types of enemies can be encountered in this area, including the boss, most of which are only found here. Those encountered elsewhere drop a much higher amount of souls here.
Priscilla the Crossbreed, the boss of the area who resides in a tower, will not begin attacking straight away, instead imploring the player to leave her world. Unless the player jumps off the ledge behind Priscilla, it is impossible to leave the Painted World of Ariamis, even with the Lordvessel's warp ability or through use of a Homeward Bone or the Homeward miracle.
If Priscilla is attacked, attempting to leave by jumping off the ledge will result in death. At this point, players will only be allowed to leave upon her defeat.
Black Phantom Xanthous King, Jeremiah will invade unhollowed players that venture into the graveyard near Phalanx. Once defeated, he will drop the Notched Whip, and make the Xanthous Set available on a corpse just before the world's exit.
- After exiting the Painted World safely, casting Homeward or using a Homeward Bone will return the player to the bonfire in Anor Londo, near the Darkmoon Knightess, and not the bonfire within the Painted World.
- Later warping to the Painted World via the use of the Lordvessel and then using Homeward or a Homeward Bone will cause the player to be taken to the last outside bonfire rested at, so long as one does not rest at the bonfire within the Painted World of Ariamis. This method only works if warping into the Painted World through use of the Lordvessel and will therefore be impossible if entering for the first time.
- The player can hear eerie ambiance in the graveyard, near the prison blocks in the area to the right of Phalanx from the Bonfire.
- Dark Ember (blacksmith's statue - in the Annex)
- Annex Key (corpse)
- Vow of Silence (corpse)
- Dried Finger (corpse, replaced by a Twin Humanities in Dark Souls Remastered)
- Egg Vermifuge (corpse)
- Gold Coin (corpse)
- Humanity (corpse)
- Red Sign Soapstone (corpse)
- Ring of Sacrifice (corpse)
- Bloodshield (corpse)
- Notched Whip (Jeremiah - drop)
- Priscilla's Dagger (Priscilla - sever tail)
- Velka's Rapier (corpse)
|Abyss • Anor Londo • Ash Lake • Blighttown • Crystal Cave • Darkroot Basin • Darkroot Garden • Demon Ruins |
Depths • The Duke's Archives • Firelink Altar • Firelink Shrine • Kiln of the First Flame • Lost Izalith
New Londo Ruins • Painted World of Ariamis • Quelaag's Domain • Sen's Fortress
The Catacombs • The Great Hollow • Tomb of the Giants • Undead Burg
Undead Parish • Valley of Drakes
|Battle of Stoicism • Chasm of the Abyss • Oolacile Sanctuary • Oolacile Township |
Oolacile Township Dungeon • Royal Wood • Sanctuary Garden
|Northern Undead Asylum|