Paladin Leeroy was the first Undead produced by the Way of White. Wielding the legendary treasures Grant and Sanctus, which were granted to him long ago, he ventured into Lordran on the first Undead mission of the Way of White.
Leeroy's Great Hammer, Grant, deals Strike and Magic damage and can hit overhead, so dodging rather than blocking may prove more useful. This overhead hammer attack has a slow recoil animation, so a sideroll followed by a backstab is an extremely effective strategy. His primary attack is also very easy to telegraph and parry. That said, he spawns on a very narrow ledge, so it may be challenging to not fall off, or have him fall off. It helps to lure him back to a less limiting space.
Leeroy employs Wrath of the Gods, an AoE spell that deals high damage and inflicts high knockback, particularly dangerous since he spawns next to a cliff. Rolling while he casts it will negate its effects.
- Killing Leeroy's Red Phantom causes his armor set to drop off a corpse in Gravelord Nito's Tomb, accessible either by killing Gravelord Nito or using the shortcut to join the Gravelord Servant covenant. If the items do not appear, then quitting and reloading will spawn the armor.
- Leeroy's armor set and weapons are guaranteed drops. It's rare that the items don't spawn, as this would make them unavailable until the next playthrough (unless another player drops that item).
- Keep in mind that it is very easy to have Leeroy fall off the ledge when fighting him, and there is a high chance his unique Grant and Sanctus shield is lost until the next playthrough. Quitting and reloading the game for a phantom invasion rarely saves the items they drop.
- Both Grant and Sanctus are needed for the Knight's Honor Achievement/Trophy.
Health and SoulsEdit
|Physical Defenses||Elemental Defenses||Resistances|
These stats are sourced from FuturePress's Official Dark Souls Strategy Guide.
|Drop Rate|| Guaranteed |
- Leeroy's name may be a reference to Leeroy Jenkins, a World of Warcraft player renowned for his antics. Similarly to Paladin Leeroy, Leeroy Jenkins was a paladin class, further reinforcing the reference. The reference is also even further reinforced by the aforementioned fact he was the first undead of the Way of White.
- Leeroy, as a white phantom, does not have the required Strength to swing Grant one-handed.
- Leeroy could also be a reference to the Demon's Souls character, Garl Vinland, as they have many similarities, such as armor and weaponry and the area fought in.