Pickle Pee can be found in Firelink Shrine. To access her, the player must first purchase the Tower Key from the Shrine Handmaid and unlock the door to the bell tower that stands behind the shrine with it.
Once at the top of the tower, the player must drop from the middle of a partially crumbled bridge and onto the shrine's rooftop. From there, Pickle Pee can be accessed either at her nest, or directly below it by entering through a skylight on the front.
Alternatively, Pickle Pee can be accessed from the very first moment one sets foot on Firelink. Make way to the bell tower and run toward the nearby tree, which allows to climb it a little; jump to the right while at the highest point and try to land on the rooftop (many attempts may be required). From there, just look for the skylight on the front and walk along the rafters until reaching Pickle Pee's secondary trading spot.
- Unlike in previous Souls games, the player is not required to quit their game to initiate an exchange with Pickle Pee. They simply must drop an item that can be traded and the one given in return will appear immediately.
- The player will learn the "Call over" gesture upon trading either a Homeward Bone or the Coiled Sword Fragment with Pickle Pee.
- Each trade can only be done once per playthrough.
- Items that can be obtained by multiple sources, will be obtained only once. For example, the Help Me! Carving, which can be obtained by trading either the Caitha's Chime or the Cleric's Sacred Chime (among other items), will only be given for trading one of these, subsequent attempts will not be accepted.
- Pump-a-rum stands for "bumpy and rough", in a similar way as other birds in the series have asked for items like "warm and soft" and "smooth and silky".