Next to the Ashen Idol and on the staircase leading to the Smelter Throne.
The Prowlers will invade once the player has approached the Ashen Idol before the Smelter Throne. Initially one Prowler will invade the player, but once the player proceeds to the staircase, four more will spawn in and engage the player. All five Prowlers must be defeated in order to banish the invader.
Upon stepping out of the elevator, the first Prowler will spawn next to a nearby Ashen Idol positioned at plain sight. This idol heals enemies in a similar fashion to Warmth. The player may fight the Prowler in front of the idol, concentrating in dealing consecutive attacks to compensate for the constant healing it provides. Another method is to simply lure the Prowler back to where the elevator is, out of the reach of the idol's healing powers, and confront him there. When the Prowler has sustained enough damage, however, he'll retreat back to where the idol is to replenish his health. Once defeated, the player should be wise in deactivating the idol via a Smelter Wedge.
As soon as the player steps on the nearby staircase, four more Prowlers will spawn. All of them will already be hostile and come rushing after the player (even if some of them haven't seen him or her yet). It's not advisable to take on all of them at once, or they will pummel the player with arrows or use their katanas, which cause Bleed buildup. A good strategy is to simply run back to the elevator as soon as they spawn (wearing the Silvercat Ring is recommended to avoid falling damage if the elevator is too far away) and simply stay on it until all of them lose interest. Then the player only has to approach the staircase quietly and draw them in one by one by using a bow or any other ranged attack. These four Prowlers have significantly less HP and stamina than the first one, and their attacks frequently leave them open for backstabs or normal combos.
- Each Prowler has a chance to drop a piece of the Mad Warrior Set and a Berserker Blade.
- The Prowlers can be respawned by using a Bonfire Ascetic on the Foyer bonfire.
- They perform the Hurrah! gesture upon killing the player.
- Unlike what happens with most invaders in the game, where the "Quit Game" option is not accessible until the invader has been banished, while fighting the Prowlers the player will be allowed to exit the game at any time, even if some of them are still around.
- The Prowlers are unique in that they are the only invader in the game that invade as a group rather than an individual.
- The first Prowler is much tougher, having about twice the amount of health than each of the rest.