- ×1 guaranteed drop per game cycle from the blue-caped Lothric Knight found outside Emma's chapel.
- Afterward, the knight also has a rare chance to drop them as loot.
- Dropped by Grave Wardens.
- ×1 dropped by the Crystal Lizard on the sixth floor, before exiting to the roofs section.
- Dropped by red-eyed Lothric Knights.
Infusing a weapon with a Refined Gem will increase the scaling bonuses from both Strength and Dexterity, without compromising one or the other. While it does also lower the weapon's base damage slightly, the improved scaling bonuses, in most cases, will result in an overall damage increase.
Refined infusions are a solid choice if a player is utilizing a quality-like build, where Strength and Dexterity are equal or near-equal to one another. Furthermore, refined weapons are still able to be fully-buffed by resins, bundles, or spells.