- Found in room with two soldiers and poisonous pots under the bell in No-man's Wharf, behind a breakable wall in the right corner.
- The +1 version found in a chest in Drangleic Castle.
- The +2 version is obtained after defeating Velstadt, the Royal Aegis in NG+.
Raises the player's Maximum Equip Load by 10,15, or 20% depending on the variant.
- The ring appears to depict the Elite Knight Helm.
- The Royal Soldier's Ring is comparable to the Havel's Ring, both in effect, lore and method of obtaining. This is due to the fact that both raise equip load, both are carried by trusted men of a king, and that they are both obtained by slaying a character that had special status given by their king, as Havel the Rock was a former compatriot and general of Lord Gwyn, and Velstadt was King Vendrick's right arm.