- Found on a corpse on a ledge underneath the first bridge in the Catacombs of Carthus, in the room with a Skeleton Swordsman wielding shotels.
- Guaranteed drop from the Crystal Lizard found on the ledge above the Dilapidated Bridge bonfire in the Undead Settlement.
- Guaranteed drop from a Crystal Lizard found on the rooftops of the Grand Archives. It is found after passing the first spear-wielding Gargoyle and is next to another Crystal Lizard. The left lizard is the one which drops the Sharp Gem.
- Dropped by Skeleton Swordsmen in the Catacombs of Carthus.
- Dropped by Corvian Knights in the Painted World of Ariandel.
Infusing a weapon with the Sharp property will increase the Dexterity scaling on that weapon, and as such, is an excellent choice for players who invested heavily into dexterity. As a result of the infusion, however, the Strength scaling will be lowered, or entirely removed on some weapons, and the weapon's base damage will be slightly reduced.
Weapons that scale well with dexterity from their base level will benefit greatly from sharp infusions.
As of the 1.32 Regulations patch, Sharp-infused weapons will gain increased scaling at very high levels of Dexterity. Between 40 and 60 Dexterity, scaling is poor, however beyond 60 Dexterity it will greatly increase until it gradually begins to fall off at roughly 80 Dexterity.