Siegward can first be found taking an elevator up a tower in the Undead Settlement. He tells the player that he's trying to figure out how to get to the top of the tower, in order to speak with whoever is launching the giant arrows down below, but the elevator only goes down to the basement. When the player goes up the elevator and back down, Siegward can be seen sitting on a ledge observing the Demon off in the distance. If the player goes down and engages it, Siegward will berate them but offer support in defeating it. When it is defeated, he will reward the player with a Siegbräu and the "Toast" gesture. If the player speaks to him again, they will get the "Sleep" gesture as well.
Siegward will next be encountered stuck in a well right outside of the Cathedral of the Deep Cleansing Chapel. In order to rescue him, you must obtain the Catarina Set from Patches, who you will meet inside the Cathedral of the Deep disguised as Siegward. You can get the set either by following his questline or killing him (if the player missed Patches' encounter, they must then go to Firelink Shrine and meet him there to obtain the set, although they may need to speak with Siegward in the well first). When the player returns the armor to him, he will give the "Rejoice" gesture.
Next, Siegward will be found in Irithyll of the Boreal Valley, near the Distant Manor bonfire in the area past the spider enemies (Note: if the player has made it to Irithyll Dungeon before completing previous encounters, his questline will become bugged). He will still appear in Irithyll Dungeon but he will not help with the Yhorm the Giant boss, locking out the chance to get the Catarina Set. He will reward the player with another Siegbrau and the Emit Force miracle.
The last place Siegward will be found will be the Profaned Capital, locked in a cell. Once the player obtains the Old Cell's Key and frees him, he will help defeat Yhorm the Giant automatically and give them a Titanite Slab. Once the boss is defeated, he will leave the Catarina Set and a Storm Ruler.
- Undead Settlement (first encounter)
- Cathedral of the Deep (second encounter)
- Irithyll of the Boreal Valley (third encounter)
- Profaned Capital (final encounter)
|Click to see dialogue|
- If the player already has a set of Catarina armor in their inventory when meeting Siegward at the well, they can give it to him instead of tracking down Patches. They will lose the set, however.
- Sending Greirat to pillage Irithyll whilst Siegward is present there, will enable him to survive and return to Firelink.
- Siegward is reminiscent of Siegmeyer of Catarina from Dark Souls. In both games, the player must help the Catarinian through various obstacles. In addition, both of their questlines can award the player with a Titanite Slab.
- Siegward pronounces his name as "zeeg-vard".