Soul items are not lost upon death, so it is useful to keep some in case players lose their bloodstain but need some souls for leveling up or repairs. Souls of Proud Knights can be consumed for 2,000 souls. They can also be fed to Kingseeker Frampt, but as this grants less souls than simply consuming them, there is no good purpose for doing so.
Found on various corpses throughout Lordran.
- After climbing down the initial ladders when entering from the Depths, it is on the lower ledge that can be reached by climbing down a nearby ladder. It is guarded by Infested Ghouls.
- Near the bonfire in the upper section, on one of the wooden platforms.
- Another is found on a wooden platform, not far from the upper bonfire.
- On a wooden platform below the corpse that is carrying the Shadow Set. The platform must be fallen onto from above.
- In upper Blighttown, up a ladder that is not far from the Parasitic Wall Hugger.
- If descending from Valley of Drakes, it is in the dark tunnel area where multiple Blowdart Snipers are located.
- Darkroot Garden
- Valley of Drakes
- Between the claws of the Undead Dragon. Can be looted without awakening it.
- The Catacombs
- Near the lever that operates the first switch bridge.
- Beyond the first switch bridge. The corpse is in an alcove, clinging to a booby-trapped statue.
- In a sunken room just beyond the previous corpse listed.
- In the hidden chamber where a Black Knight can be found, overlooking the large cavern with many Bonewheel Skeletons.
- Can only be reached after defeating Pinwheel. It is at the end of the "shortcut" path.
- New Londo Ruins
- Within the building that Ingward is on top of. It is at the end of the long, circuitous hallway.
- Demon Ruins