Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Souls are the universal currency of Dark Souls. They are used to level up, purchase items, upgrade or ascend weapons, enhance armor, and repair equipment. They are lost upon death, but may be retrieved from the player's bloodstain. They are lost permanently if a player dies again before reaching their bloodstain.
Souls are gained by doing the following:
1. Slaying enemies
2. Feeding items to Kingseeker Frampt
- The Soul items of Lost Undead contain souls less than what is offered by Kingseeker Frampt if they are fed to him.
- Boss souls of the female variety curiously differ from other boss souls, in that they can be fed to Kingseeker Frampt for more than the amount obtained if the player were to normally consume them.
3. Consumable items that give Souls
- Soul of a Lost Undead
- Large Soul of a Lost Undead
- Soul of a Nameless Soldier
- Large Soul of a Nameless Soldier
- Soul of a Proud Knight
- Large Soul of a Proud Knight
- Soul of a Brave Warrior
- Large Soul of a Brave Warrior
- Soul of a Hero
- Soul of a Great Hero
- Soul of the Moonlight Butterfly
- Soul of Quelaag
- Core of an Iron Golem
- Soul of Ornstein
- Soul of Smough
- Soul of Priscilla
- Soul of Sif
- Soul of Gwyndolin
- Soul of Gwyn, Lord of Cinder
- Guardian Soul*
- Soul of Artorias*
- Soul of Manus*
* Can only be found in the Artorias of the Abyss DLC.
Souls from enemiesEdit
Almost all enemies drop souls. How many souls are dropped is dependent on the enemy type, the difficulty level the player is playing on (the higher the NG+, the more souls), and whether or not the player overkilled the opponent (dealing more than 150% of an enemies total hp in one hit). Overkilling enemies grants around 20% more souls per kill. It is possible to further boost the amount of souls gained from killing enemies by wearing the Symbol of Avarice and/or the Covetous Silver Serpent Ring. The maximum percentage of souls attainable is 172.8% per kill.