Stagger damage refers to the bonus damage received or dealt when the subject is in a staggered state, indicated by a flash of green light on contact. All damage taken by a staggered opponent is increased by 40%.
Inflicting stagger damage can be achieved in the following ways:
- Attacking after deflecting an enemy's attack with a shield or when the attack is deflected by a wall.
- Attacking after parrying, but in a position where riposting does not occur.
- Attacking after kicking an enemy.
- Attacking a blocking enemy that has run out of Stamina.
The attack must be carried out in a relatively small window of time, which can vary depending on the enemy, for the damage bonus to take effect.
- All forms of physical and elemental damage is affected by the bonus that stagger damage applies. This includes all weapons and all forms of offensive spells.
- Inflicting stagger damage after deflecting an attack with a shield can only be achieved with a shield capable of staggering an enemy after their weapon rebounds off of it.